- Bailey caravan ranges impressed once again in The Caravan & Motorhome Club Design Awards 2020 with two category wins and six further commendations
- The Pegasus Grande Messina is voted “Best Family Caravan”, while the new Unicorn Black Edition Vigo wins “Best Caravan £24,000 – £29,000” price category
- All five of the current Bailey ranges received recognition in the competition, highlighting the strength of its caravan portfolio as a whole
- Display models from the five award-winning Bailey ranges are available to view on Bailey Retailer forecourts now. To find details of your local agent visit www.baileyofbristol.co.uk
Bailey caravans impressed once again at the twenty-fifth Caravan and Motorhome Club Caravan Design Awards, announced at the NEC on Friday 19th October 2019, winning two of main competition categories. The Pegasus Grande Messina was voted “Best Family Caravan”, while the new Unicorn Black Edition Vigo won the “Best Caravan £24,000 – £29,000” price category
Bailey caravans also received further commendations in another six categories, including two in the Light Weight Trailer Awards, meaning all five of the current ranges gained some form of recognition in the competition highlighting the strength of the company’s caravan portfolio as a whole.
A full list of the awards received by Bailey caravan models is a follows:
The Caravan and Motorhome Club Caravan Design Awards 2020 (October 2019)
• Pegasus Grande Messina WINNER Any Family Caravan
• Unicorn Black Edition Vigo WINNER Any Caravan £24,000 – £29,000
• Discovery D4-4 RUNNER UP Any Caravan under £18,500
• Phoenix 640 THIRD PLACE Any Caravan £18,500 – £21,000
• Alicanto Grande Estoril RUNNER UP Any Caravan £29,000 – £34,000
• Alicanto Grande Sintra RUNNER UP Any Caravan over 8ft wide
The Caravan Club Light Weight Trailer Awards 2020 (October 2019)
• Discovery D4-3 RUNNER-UP Caravans Between 750kg and 1100kg
• Discovery D4-2 THIRD PLACE Caravans Between 750kg and 1100kg
The twin-axle Messina is one of six models in the 8ft wide Bailey Pegasus Grande caravan range. Equally at home, being used for touring or siting, the Pegasus Grande offers up to 25% more interior living space which not only sets new standards in comfort and practicality but also has afforded the Bailey Product Development Team greater latitude to experiment with new layouts. In the case of the Messina it takes the form of a unique G-shaped front lounge plus a large central kitchen, a transverse central washroom and a spacious end bedroom featuring a longitudinal double island bed.
The single-axle Vigo, on the other hand, is one of the seven models in the Unicorn range, which have received a Black Edition makeover for the 2020 model year. Already established as the UK’s most popular premium caravan the latest Unicorns benefit from enhanced styling both inside and out to give models a fresh new look. These combine with with an already comprehensive specification, accessible unladen weights and a competitive retail price to ensure Unicorn will remain at the top of the shopping list for any discerning caravan owner. The Vigo itself features a transverse rear double island bed complete with a full width ensuite end washroom, a well-equipped central kitchen and a spacious parallel seat front lounge that caters for up to four people in complete comfort.
Commenting on the receipt of these coveted awards Bailey of Bristol Managing Director Nick Howard said: “Naturally we are delighted that our caravan ranges have received this award recognition. Given the level of rigour involved in the judging of this particular competition it is particularly pleasing that two of our Unicorn Black Edition and Pegasus Grande models were class winners”.
“The fact that models from all of our five ranges have received awards is testimony to the amount of work that has gone into the strengthening our caravan portfolio as a whole over the past twelve months and has resulted in our best start to a sales season for four years” he added.
Grenville Chamberlain, Chairman of the Caravan and Motorhome Club, who announced the results commented:
“The Caravan Design and Lightweight Leisure Awards offer fair, independent and objective assessments of the vehicles submitted for scrutiny. The information and data gathered during the judging process is invaluable in enabling people to make informed choices when buying a new caravan”.
Display models from all five of our multi-award winning caravan ranges are available to view on Bailey Retailer forecourts now.
For more information on our current product ranges, to download a product brochure and to find your nearest Bailey retailer, please visit www.baileyofbristol.co.uk. Alternatively, for the latest Bailey news you can follow us on Facebook @Baileycaravansandmotorhomes, Twitter @BaileyofBristol or Instagram @baileyofbristol.
This post may contain affiliate links. Affilates help us fund this site by paying us a small commission if a purchase is made. This does not affect the price you pay.