• Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

    Take cover under canvas says Shield Insurance

    Camping is on the increase with recent figures from Shield Total Insurance suggesting around 1.2 million people will book into a campsite this summer.

    Whilst the British public’s renewed interest in camping can, in part, be attributed to a need to find cheaper ways to holiday, we shouldn’t underestimate the pleasure of spending sunny days in the great outdoors and balmy nights under canvas.

    Camping generally costs less than most family package holidays abroad but the initial outlay can be considerable, particularly if you’re investing in good quality equipment to see you through several Summers.

    Tent sales have seen a year-on-year increase from pop-up two man tents used (and abused) at festivals to large ten-berth luxury ‘domes’ with separate bedrooms and living quarters. Tents can cost anything from between £30 to £1000, then there is a plethora of other equipment required such as stoves, pans, kettles, cooking utensils, portable fridges, generators, seating, tables and sleeping bags.

    Whilst good quality equipment is built to last nothing is immune to accidental damage caused by floods, storms or fire, or from theft or vandalism.

    Taking out tent or camping insurance will safeguard your investment and also your holiday. Cover provided by Shield includes the cost of emergency overnight accommodation and hire of a replacement tent if yours becomes unusable after an insured incident.

    Even items that are the most vulnerable to damage, such as awnings, poles and pegs, can be included within the policy, as well as personal possessions such as luggage, audio equipment, general household goods and personal possessions.

    Tent Insurance or Camping Insurance starts from just £31.80. For more information or to obtain a no obligation on line quote visit www.shieldtotalinsurance.co.uk

    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

    User Feedback

    There are no comments to display.

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Posts

    • New and need some advice
      By shipbroker · Posted
      If I was in a similar situation I would be hopping from Municipal to Municipal where nightly rental is low and includes EHU normally. Don't think think the OP is ever likely to be in the Motorhome arena...   geoff
    • New and need some advice
      By Gray · Posted
      Agree here with Surfer totally  you are limited to a certain payload for your caravan so carrying extra kilo's of useless waste is just that useless  remember water weighs around 1 kilo per litre  Our caravan has 207kg total payload out of the 1307kg max permissible weight - 207kg is not a lot at all and easy to go over if you're not careful You would need around 150W worth of solar panels MINIMUM and at least 2 110AMP batteries (remember payload this eats into it as well  You could always use suitcase style panels and put them in the car to travel as you could if you needed with the waste water until you can throw it away  ALSO across France there are thousands of aires that you can not use with a caravan but can with a motorhome they cost nothing for one night only and there are also hundreds of Farm sites where motorhomes are allowed for a few nights for little or no cost - there are similar sites in Spain too as well as lots of beachside stops some on the beach too so to tour Europe with a caravan you are very limited although in France you have their municipal network a motorhome is the real way to go (Wish I had money to afford one)
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
    • Most Online

    Newest Member
  • Who's Online (See full list)