Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"UltraSeal" tyre pressure monitors

Question

Posted

Saw these on eBay - they idea looks good and I'm wondering if anyone else has come across them before?? If so - how good are they???

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Ultraseal-Northum...essure-Monitors

user posted image

15 answers to this question

Posted

I would want 2 X 28 2 x 34 2 X 45

How would you order these via the ebay system.

Posted

They have been on sale here for several years now but don't seem to be very popular. Possible reason could be they only show a low pressure when it is visually obvious and, any self-respecting caravanner will check pressures with a gauge before departure. I suspect car and caravan manufacturers would be fitting them as standard equipment if they were worthwhile.

Posted

How would you order these via the ebay system

Posted

They have been on sale here for several years now but don't seem to be very popular. Possible reason could be they only show a low pressure when it is visually obvious and, any self-respecting caravanner will check pressures with a gauge before departure. I suspect car and caravan manufacturers would be fitting them as standard equipment if they were worthwhile.

Posted

On my motorbike the tyre pressures are crucial and a visible aid has to be a good thing.

With the car and van a visual check backed up by a simple dust cap gauge must be a plus point.

Posted

In the old days one just kicked the tyre and when I was an HGV driver we carried a bar in side the cab to hit the tyres in the morning all done by sound. Mind you that was a very long time ago fear.giffear.gif

Posted

ifyou fit them to read your pressure cold when you run and tyre gets warm the pressure increases by 2-3psi so if on a run you could loose 3-4 psi and it would still show ok as it has to drop 3-6psi to show its going down i had them on truck they soon got nicked so never got to test them over a period of time

Posted

i use a product called puntueseal its a gel like liquid ttat u pump in 2 ur tyre and it stops you getting punctures .

it really works i have it in both my cars & my motorbike .

if you get a puncture say a nail in ur tyre all u do is pull it out and drive away simple as that .

it works i got a nail in the rear wheel of my bike 2 day's before i was due to tour the contenent . couldn,t aford new tyre (the wont repair it as it was z rated for speed )

so i shoved this stuff in and it lasted the whole trip & the rest of the tyre life .

it dosnt cause any vibration or unbalancing of wheels etc .

link

or 0117 9200047 for info

i,ve used it for 4 years now and never had a flat tyre so far

there is also a company called ultra seal that does the same product

i would recomend this stuff to anybody especially with a caravan

Posted

came with the new fleetwood van till some one nicked two off tham the shutup.gif

thumbup.gif

Posted

There is a Ultraseal advert on caravanning4u I have just got the link Here it is

I was thinking about getting some of the stuff to put in my tyres , doesn't it seal automatic if you get a puncture .

Posted

yes id does seal automatic . you have to pull ouy the nail /bolt whatever is causing the puncture then u just drive away , right away so it seals .

i,ve used both ultra seal and punctureseal and they both work a treat

Posted

I would want  2 X 28    2 x 34    2 X 45 

How would you order these via the ebay system.

Posted

brightredrover

46 psi = 3.17 bar (atmos), 3.23 kg/cm

see

http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm

Posted

I love these converters but is it imperial or US scales?

http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm

I gallon = 3.78 litres on this scale so is it working on US measurement here?

PS: Thanks for the link as help me on other things especially feet & inches thumbup.gif

Posted

I US gallon = 3.78 litres

1 UK gallon = 4.546 litres

Click this banner for a Motorhome and Touring Caravan insurance quote from Caravan Guard