Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Crown, Hutton-le-Hole

26 posts in this topic

Posted

wine.gif We stay at the Crown in Hutton-le-Hole.

Big roomy site at the back of the pub...No hook-ups and toilets (use the pubs).

I must admit We only use this site when the cl site is full....the cl site is about 200 yards from the pub and there is a new site opened 1 mile out of the village.

The pub serves real ale and the food is excellent.

The village of Hutton-le-Hole........lovely, unspoilt, chokybox picture type place.

We love it.

Did not mention, Its in north Yorkshire.

My wife is now giving me an ear bashing for telling other people about it....Id better say something negative about it.

If you have dogs, Ticks are a problem.....we found this the hard way.

Sheep roam free all over the village and the sites.

Been to the vets and bought an anti tick cream..does the trick but the mother-inlaw still gets them, they die quick on here thankfully (blood is green and 89% alcohol). icon8.gif

ATB Lee mwah1.gif

Posted

I agree about Hutton le Hole used to go there with my mum and dad when I was a little girl, lovely place - holds some great memories.

Got to say

Been to the vets and bought an anti tick cream..does the trick but the mother-inlaw still gets them, they die quick on her thankfully (blood is green and 89% alcohol). 

Posted

I agree about Hutton le Hole used to go there with my mum and dad when I was a little girl, lovely place - holds some great memories.

Got to say

This really made me laugh. goodpostingsign.gif

Posted

hi brett family we were thinking of using the pub site this year i didnt know there was a cl site nearby can you tell me what its called please and i promise not to tell anyone else lol ps is it the york meet you carnt make in april sounds like it will be a good one wine.gif

Posted

Hi gypsy, The CL site we go to is far better than the back of the crown.

Its owned by the people who own the garden centre......on the site of the chocolate shop, if you know it.

I have a phone number somewhere but can not find where Sarah has put it......ill get the details and post them tomorrow for you.

The York rally is out up to now........may change if Sarah can get cover.

See your East Yorkshire as well.....where abouts?

Dont you fancy the Buxton meet with T&T?

Posted

hi brett family thanks dont think you will of know the village i live in ,its Newport up near Gilberdyke every time you go on the M62 westbound you go past my house, when is buxton meet? we are going a few times with uk and we have a few weekends marked out for places to go i want to try new sites as well as our fav sites jump1.gif . gyps

Posted

Right gypo, the Hutton-le-Hole site number is 01751 417102

Ask for William or Louise Wood.......they will send you a leaflet.

I know Newport...we looked at a house that was for sale there about 2 years ago.

Buxton is at the begining of July....look at the rallies thread. thumbup.gif

Posted

hi lee cheers will give them a ring i 'll look at the rally thread gyps cheering.gif

Posted

Just spent the weekend at this site (nice one Lee thumbup.gif ) and we thought it was nice,although not aswell maintained as the other CL in the village i prefer it because you have more space.Although the cockerels were a bit of a nuisance fear.gif i found if i drank more beer i slept no probs at all lol.gif

Posted

...i found if i drank more beer i slept no probs at all lol.gif

Posted

Gaz, Glad you liked it, thumbup.gif

Its a loverly village. yes.gif

Did you go see the new "commercial" caravan site just outside the village?

I get mixed reports about it and don't know whether to try it or not. stars.gif

Posted

I saw the sign for the commercial site Lee,but i never bothered looking at it as i can't see the point in staying outside the village when the site behind the pub in the middle of the village is in a great location.Also with it being a commercial site it would more then likely cost you more to stay at,which is a no no for me no.gif

Posted

blushing.gif So just to make it clear - which site is the best,

The Crown CL or the CL just outide the village? Is the Crown one the one WITHOUT electrics?

Obviously not got brain in gear right now stars.gif but hey - it's nearly Christmas newyear.gif

Posted

There are 3 sites Janet.

The good one is a CL site with electrics and is behind the garden center/chocolate shop.

NEXT to that is the Crown pub CL....it has NO hook-ups and to be honest, is grotty.

The site just outside the village is a commercial site, I have not stayed there but have heard good reports about it.

Posted

Right thats it - have decided on the one with elecs, ?8.50 per night. Lady by the name of Louise - hope that's right - thanks for that Lee.

Hope you are ok by the way, not seen you on much lately.

Posted

Louise is a very nice lass when you get to know her.

She goes out of her way to make you welcome. thumbup.gif

Just one drawback about the site (it does not bother us as we are early risers)....they hold a car boot in the rally field next to the cl, every Sunday morning.

The only thing is that the small "road" through the site is used as access to the booters and they start very early.

I found that white rum with vodka and coke taken the night before helps if you don't want to hear them at 6am and by some miracle the kids have not woke you up. stars.gif

On that topic, try the lacquerer chockys at the chocolate factory on the site when you go. cheering.gif

I'm hoping to run a rally/meet there in summer. No hook-ups.

T&T members will be most welcome. yes:

Posted

Have booked, but a little disappointed the departure time is 1pm - got a bit used to CL owners letting you stay a little longer. Anyway booked now, so we'll have to see what its like. She also mentioned all pitches are now hardstanding and is ?8.50 per night inc electrics and awning. Might pay for an extra night to leave later.

Posted

I've got this site down in my database as a Caravan club site. Are they selective, or do they let anyone on?

Norman

Posted

Caravan Club Members only. thumbup.gif

Posted

Been for a drive out to Hutton Le Hole today to look at the CL I've booked. Was lovely looking, with level hardstandings laid out in a semi -horseshoe shape. Only downside is that awning will be on hardstanding and I'm not keen on that but all the pitches look great and the owners have obviously taken a lot of time to prepare the site for all year users and am very glad I booked.

Thanks Lee.

Posted

We are going this Spring, last time we where there it was no hardstandings...was a bit boggy at times.

I see your point about the awnings on the hardstanding....did it look solid tarmac or gravel standings?

If gravel, you may get a heavy duty peg in it.

They may even let you put the van on the edge so the awning is on the grass.

Hope you like it there Janet, its one of our favorite places and sites....just watch for ticks if you have a dog...or a hairy hubby. lol.gif

Sheep are all over the village and come on site. dog.gif

Posted

Hardstanding are stones/gravel, nicely laid out, but recommends steel pegs. Not a chance of using the grass edges as they are raised to incorporate the pitches, but its not a problem - we'll manage.

Posted

We paid a visit yesterday to our favorite site after not been there since the revamp.

Sadly the character has gone out of the site.

The pitches are close together since the hard standing has been laid down and the hardstanding is made of small rocks...not good with kids or an awning ground sheet.

They have made the CL smaller by nearly halving it to make a car park for the new shops development.

After talking to some campers on site...they are still impressed with the clean loos and washing area but feel cramped in and on top of each other...for a CL site, that was my impression.

The owners are very nice and have tried to stop the problem with the boggy soil when raining, by making it hardstanding but....I get the feeling that their expansion of the garden center/shop units have spoiled the site a bit...good thing is you don't get the car booters driving past your van at 5.30 am on a Sunday, you are now fenced in.

I paid a visit to the new-ish site on the outskirts of the village and it was very clean and they have done what they said...laundry, showers etc but...bit steep when you add the price of kids, awning, hook-up etc.

We will still go to Hutton-le-Hole as it is a great village but we will not camp there..thankfully we have found a very nice site with hook-ups not to far away AND will be keeping it a secret as it can get booked up. :secret::laugh:

Posted

Went here last weekend. Was a nice site, made very welcome by the owners. The hardstandings give you lots of room per pitch , but does give a feeling of being cramped as the top 3 pitches were quite close together. We faced directly into the opposite vans window as they had turned their van round so the back end was near the roadway. Was lovely weather though, for a bank holiday, although leaving at 1pm was a bit of a pain. :secret: Have booked for May Day next year - she already had bookings for some weekends! Also - from next year, the price is now ?10.00 per night. Payment required in full for bank holiday bookings.

Posted

?10 a night, price has risen. :undecided:

• 2016 nights away
      By ianb · Posted
      Another 5 to add please. CC National at Weston Park Our total for 2016 - 76. Ian
    • I must be out of touch £28,000 for a new Swift!
      By indoors · Posted
      Whilst having a couple of jobs done at Lowdhams, we looked around the new and newer models to our 2009 Hymer Nova. What a disappointment, a very nice looking top of the range Swift Elegance was actually so flimsy, the new model Hymer Nova 545 SL at £25,000, no thank you. When enquiring we were offered £8,000, I can't see me wishing to part with five grand for either never mind fifteen. There comes a time in our lives when we think about buying that last new caravan " to last us ". My bullet proof Hymer will still be serving us when some of these new ones are finished. Happy caravanning, indoors.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    B&G

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts