Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RNLI

78 posts in this topic

Posted

Just go some space on webshots for our photo's for those who want to have a look, Webshots Lifeboat

Steve smoke.gifsmoke.gifbeak.gifbeak.gif

Posted

wine.gif

Nice pics Steve - it's a pity I get seasick on the Serpentine !

wine.gifwine.gifwine.gif

England.gif

Posted (edited)

Dont worry about it Bob, For those interested our open day is Monday 30th August and last year was broadcast live from our website Hoylake Lifeboat, Red arrows and loads of other stuff but we will be at Yellowcraig, maybe next year we should think of having a rally or a meet here!!

Steve smoke.gifsmoke.gifbeak.gifbeak.gif

Edited by Steve

Posted

The only worthwhile charity in this country yes.gif and the guys are heroes looking after anyone who goes near water (that include most everyone of us). yes.gifyes.gif

Posted

drive1.gif My brother, a couple of cousins and a nephew have all been to sea from the Royal Navy, Merch and the trawlers, I have always supported the lads that go out when others are putting into port because of the weather thumbup.gif

Posted

thumbup.gif Our lad is soon to take a position that might entail working with the RNLI, so between them, may they all be safe!

plane.gif Fly straight Babe!

Posted

Sitting in the van earlier on the water front in Aberdeenshire we saw the Fraserburgh Life Boat go out on a very choppy sea - wasn;t back when we come out so hope all is well.

Iain - On Holiday But Still On-Line Scotland.gif

Posted

Our website has gone for the time being but will be back soon, the photos are still there.

Steve

Posted

Steve, I know it does not apply to your job but my brother was involved in the cod war with Iceland many many moons ago, and the gun boat out of Iceland was called the 'Thor' I think, they tried to come along side our kids Tub called the 'Dorinda' out of Fleetwood, so the Skipper ordered all hands on deck to throw spuds at them jump1.giflol.gif

Posted

Hi Steve, nice pictures, know a few of the crew on the Skeggy lifeboat, got some nerve them boys!!!!

Posted

cheering.gif Just got our Website up and running, its a bit basic but hey! i have only been doing this for a week.

Look here,Hoylake lifeboat, if anyone has any comments (nice ones) jump1.gifjump1.gif please e-mail or PM me

Ta folks.

Steve cheering.gif

Posted

cheering.gif OOppss!

Steve cheering.gif

Posted

Steve, are you the self same steve that posts on WSF

???

Posted

England.gif No mate, what is WSF and i might give it a look cheering.gif

Steve pepper.gifpepper.gif

Posted

cheering.gif Our open day will be happening on Monday 29th August, see here Hoylake Lifeboat open Day There are good campsites all around the area, one or 2 bad ones as well i might add, if the weather is nice it will be a great day. cheering.gif

Hope to see you there.

Steve

Posted

cheering.gif Our open day will be happening on Monday 29th August, see here  Hoylake Lifeboat open Day There are good campsites all around the area, one or 2 bad ones as well i might add, if the weather is nice it will be a great day. cheering.gif

Hope to see you there.

Steve

Park farm maybe or something with Park innit yes.gif

Posted

PS:-Steve

Hope it's a great day and you get the support they deserve.

Posted

secret.gif I think its called Parkfield farm John, secret.gif

I built an MFV there, long before caravans arrived.

I just hope the weather is with us, thanks John.

Steve

Posted

secret.gif I think its called Parkfield farm John,  secret.gif

I built an MFV there, long before caravans arrived.

I just hope the weather is with us, thanks John.

Steve

That's the one and the guy that oversee it for a pitch BENNY is a pain in the A**e wall.JPGwall.JPG

It should not be a CL no.gif

Posted

Well done to Steve and crew - a good job well done.

Viggo

(RNLI member)

Posted

Steve

Hope the sun shines on your open day and you get loads of support.

cheering.gificecream.gifsunny.gifgroupwave.gif

Posted

thumbup.gif Thanks gail, Me too. cheering.gif

We had spent all day on Thursday cleaning and polishing the boat and tractors in preperation for the open day, then on Thursday evening we got a call to assist a yacht that had broken adrift from Red Wharf Bay in Anglesey.

We launched into a near gale for nine hours and got the whole issue covered in sand and seawater, so we have been cleaning and polishing again since.

The weather forecast is on our side so fingers crossed we will have a nice day, and a few beers too! beak.gifbeak.gifbeak.gif .

Steve

Posted

rolleyes.gif would you believe this....... we have spent all day at Hoylake lifeboat open day, went very well after a drizzly start! Brought the boys home, expecting Steve to go for a few well deserved beers, and they are now all out on a shout!! Towing a disabled boat into the Mersey, even the sailing club will be closed on their ETA home. good job there's a couple of chilled Newcastle Brown's in the fridge!

Hey Ho.

Chez. lol.gif

X

Posted

It was a fabulous day all day in Essex yesterday, glad it finished off fine for them all, but shame they were out on a shout wall.JPG

The nature of the game, I suppose stars.gif

Posted

partytimesign.gif Crew annual party is happening on Friday November 18th at Kings Gap Hall in Hoylake for those close enough to attend, tickets are ?6, PM me and i will send them on. yes.gif

Steve