New piece of equipment for Camping

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've just seen this cool piece of equipment, it's a portable wind turbine that is able to charge your devices via USB. Personally, I really like it and have already pre ordered one on their kickstarter (I'll leave a link to it).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598080973/giga-a-portable-wind-turbine-for-usb-charging/description

Let me know your guys thoughts on this cool piece of equipment too!

Edited by Rupert Dog

Posted

WHY ??

My motorhome has 180W solar panels and 330amps of battery power so USB charging is a breeze 

why would I need a wind turbine which would need erecting when we pull up also wiring to be installed 

no not needed and compared to what we have it's inferior as it does require one specific thing WIND 

Posted

Sounds like a trade plug....nothing new about wind chargers,many had them 20 years ago but all gave up because of vibration and not always easy to erect.

Geoff

2 people like this

Posted

Thought that too Geoff but thought I'd suggest that Solar is far superior 

Posted

I can't see the need here. Most of us will have a vehicle so can use a USB plug in charger when driving, are on an EHU where it again is no problem or as said use a solar panel when off grid and so can charge USB kit off the van's battery.

Where in our context is the market?

Posted

Definitely a trade plug as their first and probably last post!