INVERTER/MICROWAVE

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi

Would love to hear from anyone using a 12 to 240v inverter to work a Microwave.  I have a 800 watt you hear so many conflicting things about the subject. I Would like to hear from someone who is actually using one pro's and cons. Like minimum size and What it does to battery.

Many thanks in advance.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Edited by MONTYSA
Spell check taking over again

Posted (edited)

I doubt Monty you are going to be overwhelmed by responses from actual users. Not impossible, but!

Most contributors with a technical background, would not try, nor could they carry with most of our payloads the amount of AH in LA battery capacity needed to avoid the abuse.

I think it's best done with lithium battery technology, if at all, and some whacking big spare bank balance.

Edited by Ocsid

Posted

On another forum someone did use their microwave off a bank of 110ah batteries.  You need to use a very big inverter due to the start up wattage of most microwaves.  Also drains battery very quick.  I think he gave up eventually even though he had several solar panels for recharging.  Better to use a small generator.

Posted

Our inverter is only 1000W so don't even try - leave the microwave to hook up only 

Got so many other ways of cooking our fresh foods don't really need it personally would consider chucking it out - - - so making suggestions to SWMBO as to better use of the space (cocktail cabinet ???)

Posted

When I eventually get my Motorhome back from being repaired and set of to Spain, I think will not put Microwave back in.  Will be eating out mostly I hope. The problem with the Motorhome I purchased is that it only has 3 gas ring, no oven or grill, was going to use inverter to power my electric toaster as well. Probably best not add weight of inverter take out Microwave,Toaster. My weight is nearly Max load all ready don't want another tyre blowout.Got 2 new Michelin Camping tyres now for back which need to be 80psi.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

When I eventually get my Motorhome back from being repaired and set of to Spain, I think will not put Microwave back in.  Will be eating out mostly I hope. The problem with the Motorhome I purchased is that it only has 3 gas ring, no oven or grill,

. My weight is nearly Max load all ready don't want another tyre blowout.Got 2 new Michelin Camping tyres now for back which need to be 80psi.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Our cooker is 3 gas plus one 240v plate plus grill and oven

We also have an external BBQ for the Cadac too

But do tend to use our MrD's Thermal cooker  a lot especially on travel days 

AND our tyre pressures are 94psi - - - got a foreign motorhome tyre fitted by our local mobile motorhome tyre fitter and at £80 each are pretty good and snow and winter rated 

Posted (edited)

Our cooker is 3 gas plus one 240v plate plus grill and oven

We also have an external BBQ for the Cadac too

But do tend to use our MrD's Thermal cooker  a lot especially on travel days 

AND our tyre pressures are 94psi - - - got a foreign motorhome tyre fitted by our local mobile motorhome tyre fitter and at £80 each are pretty good and snow and winter rated 

Hi

My tyres are 225/65R 16 made for Motorhome Maximum psi80 which Should be on rear of Motorhome cost £140 each not fitted. Not seen Van tyres capable to be pump up to 94psi what are they. Have only seen Michelin and Continental advertised for Motorhome.

Edited by MONTYSA

Posted

Will post the names another day just crawled out of a nice hot bath not even considering opening the back door even if Maxine is just there