fireplace Fireplace Suggestion?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello!

We are planning for an RV trip and preparing our RV in this regard. We have installed almost all necessary things there. However, now, its time to select the fireplace. We have divided opinion between electric fireplace stove Duraflame and Dimplex forced fan insert. According to him, we should go with forced fan one as you would able to use it at our hotel room if we decide to stay at any nearby place, but I don't think if we have RV then why we would stay at a hotel. However. I want your suggestion. I found this fireplace reviews little helpful, but I am looking for experienced advice from your side.

Please come with expert recommendations. 

Posted

You've really got me a little confused you use the American term RV 

but the way you describe it looks like you have a self build either Camper or PVC 

OUR motorhome is a Coachbuilt style so it came already with everything including Blown Air central Heating (it is old ) not the new style Wet central heating 

Depending on the size of your motorhome /Camper depends on what to choose but DEFINITELY do not choose anything open flame but get something that does provide plenty of heat at present just to stay above freezing we are running at 1000W though once the cold finished we will turn it down to 200W to keep it aired before we go away around March time

Posted

I smell a rat.

Posted

I use RV in a broader term. 

Posted

I use RV in a broader term. 

You have a outfit as a "Frock".  I don't think any of us have heard of that type of RV?  Do you have a link to it so we can see the RV?  Where are you based as all those fireplace reviews are for items in the USA and would be very expensive to import into England?

Posted

To be honest I think this account may be a fake to be used as a base for advertising 

I answered earlier with the reservation of American terms from a supposedly UK account think we need some clarification on this person 

Posted

Better to read this article before judging me and my account.  https://napoleonfireplaces.com/electric-fireplace-ideal-for-motorhomes/
Yes, it is my mistake I just used RV (in a broader term) instead of the motorhome. 

Current motorhomes come with built in electric and gas heating.  How old is your motorhome that it does not have either?  If we knew the model and year of the motorhome we could be more helpful.

Posted (edited)

Basically, we are not the owner but also don't pay its rental as its my Uncle's property. 1993 Hymer Citroen C25, central air heating system is out of order. I can understand from your comments that we shoudl buy a latest one but due to lack of budget we are relying on this one. 

Edited by Virginia Heydt

Posted

Basically, we are not the owner but also don't pay its rental as its my Uncle's property. 1993 Hymer Citroen C25, central air heating system is out of order. I can understand from your comments that we shoudl buy a latest one but due to lack of budget we are relying on this one. 

I would strongly suggest that you get it fixed in case there is a gas leak.  Do you know when last the unit was serviced?

Posted

Oh! This scary. I would need to ask from my husband about the service.