Meet the Manufacturer – Kampa

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Brean-4-Classic-AIR-2018-060.jpg

From small beginnings to one of Europe's most recognised brands.
Founded in 2006 and based near Witham in Essex, Kampa is a family business with a keen eye for quality materials and design, as a result, in just over 10 years they have swiftly become one of Europe's most recognised outdoor leisure brands.

Read More ...

Posted

Have one of there blow up awnings, thought it was manufactured in Britain but where Union Jack is, it says only that it is designed in Britain. Probably manufactured in Far East somewhere.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Kampa awnings are made in China which is why the standards have dropped.  We would never buy another Kampa awning.

Posted

had one would never buy another one not worth the money and useless unless on level ground, had to renew tubes and end ones always ending up banana shaped also centre roof panel pooled water when rained.

Martin

1 person likes this

Posted

Kampa were bought by the Danish 'Dometic' Group in December 2018.

I have a conventional Rallye awning and apart from some rusting on poles,which they replaced without problem,it has been a decent buy.

geoff

Posted

Having read negative reports about the blow up version , we opted for the conventional type with poles and can’t fault it

Posted

Wow, You are looking so cool, mates. I like your tent. 

Posted

Just remembered that about 3 years ago we bought an small air awning that does not have the Kampa name on it, but was a grey import and is identical to the same 220 Kampa.  Needless to say after only 2 uses it developed a small split about an inch long in the front.  No ways would it have happened due to perhaps carelessness in packing by us.  We still continue to use it as we only use it during the winter.  So only used 4 times total of a maximum of about 2 weeks.

Posted

Wow, You are looking so cool, mates. I like your tent. 

BTW that is a stock photo from Kampa and not any of our members.  :rolleyes3:

1 person likes this

Posted

I thought these are your own camping images. 

Posted

I thought these are your own camping images. 

Naw!  We are all better looking!  LOL!

1 person likes this

Posted

had one would never buy another one not worth the money and useless unless on level ground, had to renew tubes and end ones always ending up banana shaped also centre roof panel pooled water when rained.

Martin

Haven't had to change tubes, but suffer all the rest, you can buy pads to fit between tubes and Van this helps with the top pooling water. It is extremely heavy to pull around awning rail. Awning not the best £800 I have ever spent.

Happy Caravanning

Monty