New-look Club magazines from January

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Next month, the Club is introducing a brand-new look and format for Camping & Caravanning magazine.

View the full article

Posted

If I understand it correctly the actual magazine won't have all the rally and centre details in. Good idea from my point of view. I only hope they improve the rest of the magazine. You would imagine that both Clubs would deal with things in and in depth way but its surprising how shallow the coverage on our hobby is in both Clubs?

David

Posted

cool

Posted

Thats a shame, I enjoy reading the C&CC magazine in the Doctors....I will have to read the Motorhomes ones now for rallies etc..

geoff

Posted

Thats a shame, I enjoy reading the C&CC magazine in the Doctors....I will have to read the Motorhomes ones now for rallies etc..

geoff

I don't get the paper one so get mine (C&CC ) on my phone and Laptop 

Posted (edited)

Well as ralliers for all our 40 plus years membership we personally will keep ourselves infomed but I have grave concerns that element of the club's activities will slip even further off the radar of new members, so never be a camping option that crosses their minds. 

The ramifications being the demise of new blood rallying, something even now without moving to push Out & About well out of sight is a problem enough.

I doubt it will impact us, we will carry on till we fall off the perch but as a camping option that was the very root of the club's formation, that will go and with it the opportunity for a budget family break with like minded members. I feel that will be a shame though seems to reflect the trend of minimal direct physical social involvement we see over a wide field of things, replaced by any social interaction requiring being glued to a screen.

All that said the magazine has huge potential to improve over the near comic 20 minute read that leaves you unable to recall reading anything worth remembering. As other say, so superficial reviews, far from worthy of a "club" just an extension of an advert deliberately avoiding criticism, no doubt not to upset their true paymasters. Now if that changed for the better I would be really impressed, but hold out zero expectations.

Edited by Ocsid
typos

Posted

I enjoy reading the rallies and tempory holidays in the magazine . Prices keep going up yet contents might be less . 

Posted

"I don't get the paper one so get mine (C&CC ) on my phone and Laptop "

Ah...but I am not a C&CC member and the site is barred to me!

So it is surgery or nowt!

geoff