CRUISE CONTROL

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi

Anyone ever fitted a cruise control to there Motorhome. After fitting a cruise control to my Motorhome it is built on a 3.0sci. 2006.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Monty

A quick Google threw up these guys https://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/wizard/cruise-control

No experience of them, sorry!

Cheers

Keith

One thing I do know about them is that they are very expensive in comparison to other suppliers.

Posted

One thing I do know about them is that they are very expensive in comparison to other suppliers.

Yes have looked at them nearly £400.

Have found one for just under £200

Just wondered our hard to fit.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Yes have looked at them nearly £400.

Have found one for just under £200

Just wondered our hard to fit.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

On a modern vehicle it may be preferable to get a professional to fit it instead of trying a DIY.  A DIY could then be used to invalidate any warranty you may have with the electrics.  Either way I don't think it is a very easy job as the dashboard may have to be removed to access the wiring.

Posted (edited)

As it would be a "modification" that you would be obligated to advise your vehicle insurer about, before going the DIY route I would speak with them first. The legal twists and the incredible compensation and litigation costs faced could be " life changing", should any third party get injured and your insurer looks to you to meet their costs. And cruise control at the very heart of the functions of the vehicle is far more likely to be an issue here than say fitting a bit of bling trim. Do Anderson offer any documentation certifying their work?

Edited by Ocsid

Posted

Anderson are expensive but I have only read good things about them and that their work is to a high standard.

Posted

Anderson are expensive but I have only read good things about them and that their work is to a high standard.

There could well be a link between all those aspects!

Posted

Monty

Is cruise available as an option from the manufacturer on the original vehicle?

If so, could be that the necessary wiring is in place, would just need the control stalk and a visit to a dealer laptop to enable it.

Cheers

Keith

Posted

WE are looking at fitting it to our Fiat Ducato based motorhome and we are probably going to use Dave Newell (www.davenewell.co.uk) to fit an aftermarket kit that's available as an add on (ie plug and play)

Posted

Hi

Must be going senile.

Forgot my grandson has just started a HGV technicians apprenticeships with Renault trucks got him to ask the other Technicians about my Renault master they said check behind blanked of switch for wiring if it's there maybe able to Program it in.

Happy Caravanning

Monty