MOTORHOME

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi

Anyone know of a immaculate Motor home  4/6 berth with seat belts in back for sale up to £18000 maybe able to stretch it to 20000.Have looked at some and what rubbish, don't know our some people can say good condition and then find they are rubbish.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Not for that budget I'm afraid 

Our older van whilst 6 berth has no rear seat belts (age related and impossible to retro fit ) cost us 28K 2 years ago 

The dealer we used has 4 in from 38K -47K  all 6 berth with 6 belts  if that helps 

Posted

Recently a K reg Ford M/H was parked next field to us....£11,900...crackers prices at both ends of the market!

geoff

Posted

Recently a K reg Ford M/H was parked next field to us....£11,900...crackers prices at both ends of the market!

geoff

Got to agree

You can look at a 8-9m motorhome and depending on maker you can spend anything from 60K - 200K 

and if you go totally nuts there are some OVER 500K 

From what we have found talking to owners of newer motorhomes is that most of them have as many problems as new caravans  some worse recently heard of one where the cab came adrift from the rear chassis and they can take as long as caravans to repair even up to 9 months 

Sometimes I'm glad ours is a 2008 model

Posted

I too have heard of leaking roof and window problems on £60k motor homes,in addition to usual I'll fitting drawers and handles that fall off...

Geoff

Posted

That's a M/H crossed off my wish list then! :yes:

1 person likes this

Posted

That's a M/H crossed off my wish list then! :yes:

There are a few that are good BUT you don't always get what you pay for (apart from the badge to swank with) 

As I said earlier sometimes the older ones are better as they weren't rushing to build so many 

ALSO a problem in the UK is the number of councils who are so shortsighted as to say no to providing Aire style parking for them unlike the continent where motorhomes (Camping Cars) are encouraged due to the revenue they bring

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi

What is a Aire.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Hi

What is a Aire.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

aire is a low cost or free private camping area in France. Often, they are run by the local town council. ... I say 'car campers' as the French refer to RVs/motorhomes as 'camping cars' and it also helps to define who can use the aires.12 Jan 2016

Posted

aire is a low cost or free private camping area in France. Often, they are run by the local town council. ... I say 'car campers' as the French refer to RVs/motorhomes as 'camping cars' and it also helps to define who can use the aires.12 Jan 2016

Aire's are dedicated Camping car areas they can either be 

Parking - where you are NOT allowed to "camp" - that is get your tables chairs and awnings out - these are Free or a few euro's

Camping - where you ARE allowed to do the normal camping actions these can vary from 10€ to 50€ in France and around 15-30€ in Germany depending on location 

You are not allowed to park with a caravan as you must have a totally closed waste and water system

Posted

Purchased Motorhome very nice 25500miles 06 plate not a mark on outsideIMG-20181025-WA0008.thumb.jpeg.3742f5e7athis is the one I purchased same number reg as Van reviewed IMG-20181025-WA0006.thumb.jpeg.2858c9258

Posted

IMG-20181025-WA0007.jpeg

Posted

IMG-20181025-WA0008.thumb.jpeg.3686fe82d

Posted

:yes:. Happy days ahead! 

Posted

Purchased Motorhome very nice 25500miles 06 plate not a mark on outside51352-motorhomethis is the one I purchased same number reg as 

Hmm not bad 

Very similar to ours

2017-02-21 NEC Birmingham (2a).JPG

Posted

Hi

Just been away in Campervan drove lovely with it 3ltr engine got 25mpg out of it don't think bad for a vehicle weighing 3850kgs.

First time away without Wife, missed her so much

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

I have and still are very wary of anything that Fiat touches having being burnt in the past, but hopefully you will have many enjoyable days away in your new acquistion.  Enjoy it while you can and come back with updates.

Posted

I have and still are very wary of anything that Fiat touches having being burnt in the past, but hopefully you will have many enjoyable days away in your new acquistion.  Enjoy it while you can and come back with updates.

you will find that a large number of motorhomes have Fiat Ducato as the Base vehicle with lots of miles done 

We find ours starts first turn of the key every time even after standing on pitch for a month 

Posted

Hi

My Campervan is based on a Renault Master. I believe the engine is  Nissan.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Children said Campervan would be better for me as would use it more now on own.  Not sure they are right miss car and definitely not towing car might as well tow Caravan.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Go with your instinct. You and only you will know what suits you. 

Hope all goes ok. 

2 people like this