AirBnB vs caravan

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking at AirBnB sites and they are every reasonably priced and can be used for a weekend away even if you have dogs.  Many are in superb locations.  No towing a caravan and setting up etc saving a lot of fuel insurance, servicing etc.  What is there not to like about a AirBnB?

We used a number earlier this year and were very pleasantly surprised at what was offered at a reasonable price.  This way be the way forward in the future.

Posted

Hi

Look ok for something different but not Caravanning.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Will stick with caravans and proper accommodation ...my family experiences with AirBnB in UK isn't good.

geoff

Posted

We used AirBnB in South Africa and for £25 we had flat to ourselves and even had a washing machine.  There was the equivalent of Sky entertainment available.  Also use of a pool. We also rented a 5 bedroom home right on the beach and 4 bedrooms had on suite bathrooms.  Washing machine, BBQ, fridges etc all available.  We paid £75 a night and that was during the Easter school holidays.  In Cape Town we rented small flat for £19 a night and again everything you wanted available.

Having said that we are using an AirBnB in the UK for the first time this weekend for one night so maybe our experience will be different and I will update.  It was pointless taking the caravan away for one night and towing it 200 miles there and back.

Posted

Having said that we are using an AirBnB in the UK for the first time this weekend for one night so maybe our experience will be different and I will update.  It was pointless taking the caravan away for one night and towing it 200 miles there and back.

AND

that is where a motorhome pays off - you are driving 200 miles and towing is a definite drag (pun intended) whereas at least for me driving the motorhome is as easy as the car and overall a better experience - we can stop where we like get out of our seats and not have to leave the vehicle to be able to have a brew or use toilet 

and if we plan right can cost just fuel 

Posted

AND

that is where a motorhome pays off - you are driving 200 miles and towing is a definite drag (pun intended) whereas at least for me driving the motorhome is as easy as the car and overall a better experience - we can stop where we like get out of our seats and not have to leave the vehicle to be able to have a brew or use toilet 

and if we plan right can cost just fuel 

Not in this case as we are trading in our current vehicle.  :wow:

Posted

• Not in this case as we are trading in our current vehicle.  :wow:

That puts a different light on it 

•  

Posted

Someone I know did an airBnB in Australia. He had an ace time and accommodation was perfect near Bondi beach. 

Caravanning is  definitely off  our list.

Posted

A bit of feedback.  The place was located in the countryside so lovely and quiet however shops were about a mile away.  Lovely big bedroom and a large bathroom with shower.  Had the lounge to ourselves with TV that had Sky available.  Next morning a massive breakfast was laid on for us.  Sadly I do not like a big breakfast prior to driving a long distance plus we needed to get away before 8am as the traffic around Bournemouth/Christchurch.Southampton can be horrendous.  We thought it was good value for just the one night and cheaper that staying in some sleazeball hotel.  LOL!