Lunar meteor pms4

Question

Posted

Hi guys I have brought our first caravan lunar meteor found that plunged into the mains I have no 12 volt system working. Worked out that the circuit board was faulty. Brought a new board and fitted it now when 240 mains is in then the 12v inverter works the lights etc. it will only put 12v to the battery if the three way switch (car/off/caravan) is in the caravan position. I am thinking the pervious owner has altered something. If 240v is plugged in I would of thought the battery would charge all the time on mains (until it reaches the desired volts). My thought is if it is using the inverter to charge the battery how will the charge be regulated. Would anyone gave a wiring diagram for this as I cannot see a separate wire that will charge the battery. 

The new board I have fitted is a M404 charger circuit board for pms4 18amp

thanks for reading

image.jpeg

3 answers to this question

Posted

Why don't you get an Approved Workshops Scheme (AWS) technician to give the caravan a service checking the gas, electric and water points to make sure the caravan is safe to use for your family?

Posted

Why don't you get an Approved Workshops Scheme (AWS) technician to give the caravan a service checking the gas, electric and water points to make sure the caravan is safe to use for your family?

I am with Surfer here...get a 'pro' to analyse for you first...this caravan is probably 20 years old now so things have changed....

geoff

Posted

...it will only put 12v to the battery if the three way switch (car/off/caravan) is in the caravan position.

That is correct - when the switch is in the car position the caravan is using your car battery (assuming you still have electrical connection to your car) and when the switch is in the off position then neither battery is connected.

Incidentially most caravans have a habitation relay which stops the use of the caravan 12volt electrics being used while the vehicle is in motion (or while the car engine is charging the batteries)