Hybrid motor mover

Question

Posted

I have a powertouch  mover fitted , and a known issue is being very sensitive to battery voltage, 

The slightest dip, and it cuts out ,the direction button had to be pressed again , irritating

I have seen on eBay a couple of control boxes one stand alone , one complete with motors of which one has  stripped gears .

Thinking is to replace controller with one from different brand.

Being a retired electrician, i have obviously carried out a number of tests and concluded it is a controller issue, complete new mover is a bit ott ,so looking at hybridisation

So, has anyone done such a conversion.

4 answers to this question

Posted

I have a complete Evo auto engage motor mover in our garage that is 5 years old.  We had an AWD fitted so this one is redundant waiting to be sold. Open to any tests.   If interested give us a shout.

Posted

I with keep that in mind , I would only need controller,if i do replace.

I have since  found the circuit diagram plus other information, so some adjustments and tests to do .I now know the unit should  cut out at a battery voltage less than 10v ,but from previous tests, the voltage is always better than that. So battery  can be eliminated as a problem.

Posted (edited)

I take it the cables from the battery to controller and to the mover are of a decent size, quality and not to long, if not your voltage drop could be there.

Edited by sdrew56

Posted

The mover is OEM , cables "should" be ok , the battery is directly adjct to control unit , so little or no losses there , peak reading volt meter shows low volt drop at battery and control unit , so control unit suspect