Awning pegs

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I got fed up crawling around the edge of the awning knocking in pegs , and my knees are not getting younger .

saw  these

https://www.towsure.com/kampa-steel-screw-peg-set-20-pegs

And decided to give them a try , FANTASTIC , awning pegged down in half of the time , and knees fine , all you need is a good battery drill ( most of us now have one for corner steadies )If you have access to an impact driver , even better ,

Can not give them a higher reccomendation .

Posted

Have 40 of them in bright purple boxes...but don't carry a drill and by the time I need one I will have given up caravanning anyway...but have seen them in use in Black Forest on scree slopes,excellent.

geoff

Posted

We simply went to Screwfix and bought 50 coach screw pegs for a lot less than £10.  As we shared the cost with a friend I think it worked out at about £2.50 each.  Does the same job for a lot less.

Posted

We simply went to Screwfix and bought 50 coach screw pegs for a lot less than £10.  As we shared the cost with a friend I think it worked out at about £2.50 each.  Does the same job for a lot less.

Not sure the maths work , don't you mean 25p each

in defence of the kampa ones, a driving socket is included and the screws have hooks for awning rubbers 

So at £1 each I am happy

Posted

Not sure the maths work , don't you mean 25p each

in defence of the kampa ones, a driving socket is included and the screws have hooks for awning rubbers 

So at £1 each I am happy

No it is £2.50 each person paid so for £2.50 I got 25 screw pegs.

Posted

Ah sorry thought it was per peg doh

Posted

Its Friday and you need to get out. LOL!  ::):

Posted

I am ,sitting on the banks of the Dordogne

Watching the gabares sailing past . thinking of a cold beer later.

Posted

I bought a box of Kampa's and a box of 50 'clones' from fleabay.

In practice the clones have stood up to C&MC site hard standings slightly better than the originals.

Actually, normally end up finish putting then in with a club hammer as even a 36V battery hammer drill fails on some hard standings!

Cheers

Keith

Posted

:wine:

I bought a good handful of 200mm coachbolts and a load of penny washers for our inflatable awning - we'll find out on Tuesday whether they'll work !

:wine::wine::wine:

:England: