The best laid plans ...

9 posts in this topic

Posted

:wine:

This year started with our 40th anniversary in January and the plan was to make it a year to remember - It started well with a long weekend at Ragdale Hall Spa in January followed by a surprise party organised by the kids 2 weeks later, then it started to go downhill ...  The upmarket holiday somewhere hot and posh turned into 8 days in Hungary with our daughter as tourist guide (She goes there every year) - a great holiday but not quite what we said we wanted (I'll happily go back though - it's a marvellous country !). The weekend breaks haven't materialised either and the late summer holiday in the sun has vanished too.

What has turned up is a holiday next year with some good friends who will be celebrating their 40th anniversary - Las Vegas followed by a caribbean cruise - great IF you love gambling, huge meals, noise, sea travel, crowds and loads of cheap food and booze. Given that I like none of the foregoing I'm going to be playing Mr Grumpy and paying through the nose for it !

There IS some light though - a CL near Cromer the week before the kids break up, a long weekend at Rookesbury Park, Fareham in August and a week at East Fleet Farm near Weymouth in September :banana:

I just hope it doesn't rain ...

:wine::wine::wine:

:England:

Posted

It will only start to rain when the school holidays start.  Surely you should know that by now?  :wow:

Posted

I was 80 last year and the wife this year so in preparation for a grand tour of France and elsewhere as a celebration we started our plans whilst staying at our lodge near Battle in East Sussex. By the third day there we were well into our trip planning so the wife decides to take a wee break and do a little gardening - the garden is very small so only needs half an hour - BUT the wife slips, twists her leg, falls and breaks her hip!!!!!!

Six hours later at The Conquest Hospital A&E the ''bones doctor'' announces NEW HIP required - here we are nine weeks later back home and whilst the wife is mending well we are not in France instead we are taking walking exercises along the Thames.

As Bob says best laid plans......................

Posted

There IS some light though - a CL near Cromer the week before the kids break up, a long weekend at Rookesbury Park, Fareham in August and a week at East Fleet Farm near Weymouth in September :banana:

I just hope it doesn't rain ...

Bob, we pass East Fleet Farm on our way to fish at Chesil beach. Be careful on the approach road it can be very busy. Weymouth is pants for parking. :undecided: Bridport is a good place to visit. If you do go to Bridport take the back road as the main road can be very heavy with traffic. 

Cromer is one of my favourite places. What cl site sre you staying on? 

Mary Janes for fish and chips in Cromer.  :jump:

1 person likes this

Posted

We visit Weymouth quite frequently - we usually get in early and use the Pavilion car park although last time we went there was a Triathlon on and they'd nicked half the parking places !  Fortunately we found one round the back of the theatre.  My uncle lived in Bridport so we're quite familiar with the area and I know exactly what you mean about the roads :rolleyes3:

We've been to East Fleet Farm before - the main reason we're going back is that the bar is dog friendly :cheering:

As for Cromer - we're staying at Bramble Park and after two T&T New Year rallies at Cromer we're well acquainted with Mary Janes :jump:    It'll be nice to go there in T shirt weather though !

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi

Sometimes plans go out of the window. 3 weeks ago should have been in North Wales with in laws, had to cancel wife in Hospital again. Lost half the pitch fees £80 , Haven said they will bank the other £80 but must use it within 6 months.

Don't think I will plan again just go when we can.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Is there any type of reasonably priced insurance that can be taken out for issues such as this?  I know RP cover continental and their price is quite reasonable for an annual subscription.

Posted

We’ve done Vegas and a Caribbean cruise and there was no cheap food or booze in either place.

Ian

1 person likes this

Posted

Just got back from Cromer. Tested the fish and chips for you Bob in Mary Janes. :smitten:

2 people like this