Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hard standing

7 posts in this topic

Posted

What are peoples thoughts re hard standing. Has anyone seen it done really sympathetically ? 

Posted

Sorry not quite sure what you mean?

Posted

Yes I have seen some good ones in UK but not in emplacements as you have in your area ( which is lovely)..

geoff

Posted

What are peoples thoughts re hard standing. Has anyone seen it done really sympathetically ? 

Hi

Can you give more details on what you mean.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi Monty

We are pretty seasoned campers (tenting) and have never bothered about hard standing so tended to stay on very rural sites with grass only.  We have now bought a campsite - rural and grassy but are somewhat reluctantly reaching the conclusion that we need hard standing to deal with a) wet ground - sw france so unexpected and b)the bigger motor homes and caravans that are pretty common.  I just wondered if anyone had seen it done in a way that blends with the environment.

Cheers

Fiona

Posted

My OH likes grass especially with awning it’s easier for pegging . Also he thinks you have more room . 

But if we go away late in the season or early .we like hard standing it’s cleaner and dryer in the caravan especially if we don’t use the awning . 

Posted

Hi Monty

We are pretty seasoned campers (tenting) and have never bothered about hard standing so tended to stay on very rural sites with grass only.  We have now bought a campsite - rural and grassy but are somewhat reluctantly reaching the conclusion that we need hard standing to deal with a) wet ground - sw france so unexpected and b)the bigger motor homes and caravans that are pretty common.  I just wondered if anyone had seen it done in a way that blends with the environment.

Cheers

Fiona

How about grass re-inforcement...something like these maybe

https://www.google.com/search?q=PLASTIC+HARD+STANDING&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b