Where do you like to pitch ?

15 posts in this topic

Posted

while we were away recently . I said I had wanted to change our pitch . We had no morning sun then no evening sun . However the following week it was extremely hot so we were glad of the shade and looking for more shade during the day .

i noticed a small tent had pitched under a tree . One night the rain was so bad we were kept awake by the noise and drips from a tree .  I asked the camper if the rain had bothered her but she said no .

i like a little shade but not too much . And do try to face south ,this as everyone knows is not always possible . 

Posted

We like pitching so we are facing either north or south but with no trees in line of sight southerly.

Posted

Always used to try for shade (which defeats the object of having solar panels) on CLs

Now I'm sited in the open, with a slight breeze it's ok but the view out over the river and bay is spectactular so wouldn't change

I asked the camper if the rain had bothered her - she said WHAT?

<edited for accuracy >

Posted

With some of the pitches being quite cramped I just look for one with the easiest access!  I've never considered where the sun is etc but often wished I had after a couple of days.  I also don't like pitching under trees simply because of the mess that any birds in it make on the awning and the dripping of rain off them onto the caravan roof.  Again, there has been times where I've not noticed how close we've been to a tree until it's been too late.................

Posted

Most sites I use allocate pitches on booking so unless been there previously, I get what I'm given!

Posted

Unfortunately have had issues with allocated pitches in the past. Either too small or too close. One pitch I was allocated was next to the main path for the one and only toilet /shower block. It was busier that Sauchiehall St and again asked if it was possible to be moved. To be fair to the Wardens they all found me a much better suitable pitch and have came to the conclusion that some sites when booking on line  have ear marked the not so nicer pitches. 

My must now being old and slightly grumpy is staying clear from a van surrounded by bikes and toys. Have not one issue with kids but did that stuff and just like to have peace ... :dog:  

1 person likes this

Posted

In the sun, and not under trees, you can always make shade to sit under if it get too warm.

Posted

Best view,

No dogs,

Quite and secluded.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Part shade , and as far as possible from Brits ,they tend to want to team up for trips out  etc  Happy with any other nationalities though , nice to engage with other cultures .

Posted

We go where put on rallies,so as long as the solar panel isn't obscured that suits.

geoff

Posted

Part shade , and as far as possible from Brits ,they tend to want to team up for trips out  etc  Happy with any other nationalities though , nice to engage with other cultures .

Yeah - Brits that think they can play footie in the kid's park but can't control the ball enough to keep it in the park :sad2:

Posted

My two requirements for a pitch is A) that I can get a satellite picture and B) not too far from a service point so I don't have to walk too far to fill the kettle. Perhaps I should have added C) as level a pitch as possible.

David

Posted (edited)

On our front lawn !!

CIMG0637.jpg

Edited by indoors

Posted

I say old boy ,room for a CL there :jump:

Posted

Chateau de Chanteloup Rod, ( North of Le Mans ) we used to joke to our friends that we only sold it because I got fed up cleaning all the windows !

This was our Chateau Hovelle, Concourson sur Layon.

SDC13535.JPG