Masham

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Stayed at an amazing cottage, only downside it was right on the road in and out of the village. :undecided:. Traffic was almost 24/7. Never seen anything like it. 

Visited Theakstons brewery, £8.50 each and samples to taste after the tour which was. Ok. 6 samples to taste altogether (1/3 pint each). :beak:.  The shop was well stocked, with prices of beer about £1.75 a bottle. Black Sheep brewery was £9.50 with samples, and there is a cafe as well. Shop again well stocked. Both shops had clothing, many with Tour de Yorkshire themes. At time of the day the aroma from the breweries drift across the village! :sweetheart:

Plenty of cafes and pubs in the village, they were all busy at the weekend, plenty of outside tables to eat out. Not many shops, only one supermarket, the Co-op all well worth a visit. 

Ripon, Leyburn and Richmond not far away. 

Lovely river walks along the River Ure which is very pleasant. There is fishing, but alas you have to join the Angling club which has a waiting list, so no day tickets are available. Pity as it's a great looking river. 

Posted

Never heard of the place so guess it must be in the Outer Hebrides.  ::):   "Warm" beer has never appealed to me but it seems you had a great time.

Posted

Whoops. Masham is in North Yorkshire, about ten miles from Ripon. 

Posted

Just down the road from me a while...The river is nice but not that productive..I normally go to West Tanfield where there is a well stocked trout lake.

geoff

Posted

:wine:

Ian, you Sir are a philistine !  As a former resident I can assure you there's precious little beer in the Outer Hebrides - it's mainly the cold, tasteless filth you appear to prefer :jump:

:wine::wine::wine:

:England:

Posted

Ian, you Sir are a philistine !  As a former resident I can assure you there's precious little beer in the Outer Hebrides - it's mainly the cold, tasteless filth you appear to prefer :jump:

I seem to recall that you made a severe dent in my cold tasteless filth beer supply at the meet in Coventry?  :wow:

1 person likes this

Posted

Me ?  Don't think I'd drink summat like that UNLESS I was being sociable for once ! :rolleyes3:

Posted (edited)

Oh no! Empty glasses!::D:::D:

IMG-20180417-WA0002~2.jpeg

Edited by Jbeans

Posted

Prefer Black Sheep these days Jill......am actually rallying near there end of month.

geoff

Posted

Prefer Black Sheep these days Jill......am actually rallying near there end of month.

geoff

The only Black sheep I like is the Black Sheep ale. Did go in the shop though and got a few beers fo my lad. 

It's a lovely end of Yorkshire. :sweetheart:

Posted

1 hour ago, shipbroker said:

Lovely end of Yorkshire. :sweetheart:

Perhaps...that is why I live there...or maybe because I live there.!!!!

geoff

Posted

I was a temporary Yorkshire Lass for 21 years and then moved down here because of Hubby's work. ::D: