Thinking of getting new Marquis motorhome , read this

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow, that’s going to be an interesting one! While I fully understand the owners frustration and disappointment, all of the faults are ones that could (but shouldn’t) be on any new caravan or motor home, if they get a refund the next one could be just as bad.

What it clearly shows is that the dealer has NO idea on what a PDI is or how to treat customers. I hope they manage to get it resolved.

Posted

:wine:

The significant thing is that an established dealer either doesn't know the law or is actively trying to avoid their obligations - whichever one it is I'm rather glad we decided not to buy the motorhome from them back in 2014 ...

:wine::wine::wine:

:England:

Posted

I'm amazed anyone still uses Marquis  so many really bad stories about the firm and it's not just one branch seems to be anywhere 

Posted

I'm amazed anyone still uses Marquis  so many really bad stories about the firm and it's not just one branch seems to be anywhere 

Well be amazed if you wish but I have used them for my last two 'van purchases and am thoroughly pleased with their service.  Slightest problem with van sorted at my earliest convenience to my complete satisfaction.  Very pleasant and helpful staff.

Posted

I know that you should not get a Vehicle with any faults should be checked at factory 100% ok, then to double check it has a predelivery inspection to make double sure this clearly was not done on both counts.  I would say dealer more to blame as he is paid by manufacture to make sure everything is ok for final pick up.

I would personally have it taken to another dealer for repair or even take back to factory if possible.

I have personally taken two brand new Vans back to the factory, for repair and waited for them to fix fault. One was to Baily at Bristol, the other to Fleetwood at Long Melford. These repair where booked in whilst away on Hoilday.

Lots of manufacturers will be very help full if you go about it in a amicable way.

Having been in motor trade things do go wrong.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

I personally know someone who rejected a Buccaneer caravan and had the same issue with Marquis. At the last moment before the court case Marquis backed down. The rejection was after the 30 day period when faults were not rectified.  Obviously a company to avoid if they think they are above the law.  What they do not realise it is a criminal offence they are committing!