Brand of microwave oven

Question

Posted (edited)

The caravan is a bit inaccessible at present , just back from Easter away , and microwave oven is kaput ,so I can’t get to removing the oven right now , any one know the maker of ovens fitted to Explorer group caravans around 8/10 years ago .

Otherwise , I can see some adjustments on the horizon , to fit in a standard domestic unit as the OEM has a bezel surround to hide brackets etc .

Please keep to subject , as we have no intention of doing away with the Microwave .

Thanks

Edited by Rodders

5 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Managed to get to the microwave last week and found out it was similar to this

http://www.germanpool.com/eng/products/p_mo_builtin.php?mdl=wp700

Unable to find a supplier or any other info . BUT

Tesco had this

https://www.tesco.com/direct/cookology-im17lss-built-in-microwave-in-stainless-steel-integrated-frame-trim-kit/315-8444.prd?skuId=315-8444

Perfect fit , problem solved , and at a guess a lot less expensive

Edited by Rodders

Posted

Rod, have a look at Howdens - they have a microwave that fits in a kitchen wall cupboard - so about 300mm deep

Posted

Microwaves fitted in caravans are standard domestic microwaves.  The issue is finding one to fit in the gap. 

Posted

As I said, I opted for the Tesco one , perfect fit looks the same as the OEM one,complete with pseudo stainless steel trim ,and at £89 , didn't break the bank

Posted

As I said, I opted for the Tesco one , perfect fit looks the same as the OEM one,complete with pseudo stainless steel trim ,and at £89 , didn't break the bank

Probably identical model because it came from the same factory just with a different brand name on it.  ::):