Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Levelling a twin axle

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Any tips? We’ve had single axles for 25 years and simply pulled them up onto the stepped plastic ramps to level them. That’s not possible on a twin axle as you can’t fit a ramp between the two wheels. Obviously planks of wood long enough to fit under both wheels would do it but what do others use? I’ve seen the air bag system which inflated and also assists in fitting wheel locks but they’re around £250 so looking for a lower cost solution.

Posted (edited)

I use Lynx levelling blocks (google them) which will fit between the wheels - build the level as you go some times moving the van backward as well as forward to get a high level

Edited by Rune Caster
bbc url linking doesn’t work on this forum

Posted

I have a LockNlevel air bag (£199 not £250!) but many people use the standard levellers and tie the two together at the correct distance apart so that the first wheel goes up and over the first ramp and then just continue until required height is reached.

Posted

Hi

I use two plastic ramps, put one in front of front wheel then drive it up onto highest point. Then put the other one behind rear axle wheel then move van back onto highest point then move Front ramp under tyre as far as possible, I normally kick it under or use peg hammer. I do it this way as it wedges Van in both directions.

The best way also is to be more careful when choosing pitch most wardens know the problem with pitching twin axles.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

I use 2 ramps, place them so they are the same distance apart as your wheels, drive over the 1st one so it is inbetween the wheels then pull up on to the 2nd one so both wheels are supported. Been doing it like this for years with no issues.