Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Truma water heater

Question

Posted

Hi the truma water heater in my camper has stopped working . After checking voltage supply was ok and the unit was getting gas i removed from the camper and set up in my workshop.The unit ignites and runs for approx 10 seconds before tripping out with the red light on the controller.I noticed that when the boiler fires up ie when the flame is light the sparker keeps sparking until it stops.could this have something to do with the unit not detecting the flame has been light

3 answers to this question

Posted

Frankly doesn't seem that you will get many answers from here now..perhaps a talk to a mobile engineer..?  I assume you have them in the RoI?

Best of luck

geoff 

Posted

What sort of Truma have you got a Combi or an Ultrastore? Perhaps a silly question to ask but is the drain valve closed because if water is not getting through to the boiler the safety cut out would operate within seconds of trying to fire it up.

David 

Posted

If the sparker is not going off it does point to a system issue.

I would email the very helpful "Gary" at Arcsystems, this is his territory and he I expect can help you.

http://www.arcsystems.biz/