Next new year sites already fully booked

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Spent our after Christmas break at Hunters Moon site Wareham , not bad but a bit isolated for walking out to local towns etc , so we decided to go back to Broadway ,O dear  already fully booked for after Christmas 2018 break , so second choice Morton in the Marsh is now booked , need to act sooner next year .Not given up though , spoke to central bookings and they suggested , keep calling to check cancelations , and they can transfer booking.

Posted

It depends how far in advance you want to be certain of a pitch but I would suggest (on a CMC site)  that if you see an odd day available during the time you want to be there is to book it as a sort of foot hold. There are bound to be a few cancellations nearer the time and then all you have to do is just amend your booking. I looked at Seacroft for a possible New Year and saw that it was booked solid from the middle of December which seemed a bit strange and wondered if the dates had actually been released yet?

David

Posted

In middle of Dec, I tried to book a serviced pitch at Incleboro Fields for a week or so.  Fully booked for every weekend for the whole of 2018.

Posted

In middle of Dec, I tried to book a serviced pitch at Incleboro Fields for a week or so.  Fully booked for every weekend for the whole of 2018.

This is one of the most popular sites like Clumber Park. Very nice but oh so chocka full. Too busy for me. 

This is what I call unfair especially for you samd,  and I also think that the Wardens "help" their friends get what dates/ pitches they want too. Seen it at White House Beach at Kessingland. 

The caravan club needs to address this issue again. 

Posted

One of the many reasons for leaving 

We prefer to head a little further South now especially as we now have a permanent site in France

Posted

Jill, I have never pre-booked any CC site longer than a week in advance...the only one I never managed to get at short notice was Rowntree Park....which is normal.

geoff

Posted

Jill, I have never pre-booked any CC site longer than a week in advance...the only one I never managed to get at short notice was Rowntree Park....which is normal.

geoff

We only ever pre booked at our Maxey cl site. Was always busy. 

Posted

What about c&cc sites .  

Posted

We have spent the last 2 New Years here http://www.campingcaradon.co.uk/ reinforced grass pitches, bar and good restaurant on site, bus stops in main entrance for Looe, Polperro and other places, and a super buffet and Disco New Year Eve, + Bingo and quiz nights on other evenings £17.50 a night inc 16amp hook up

1 person likes this

Posted

We have spent at least 15 of the last 20 xmas/new years at Barnstones CP Banbury even when living in France for 7 yrs.

Just booked for Easter and again for next festive season.

Happy caravanning.

Posted

Hi

Not tried to book anywhere yet as just purchased Campervan going to try Pub stopover's and other places can overnight stay close to sea.

Will book couple of weeks in Caravan when Daughter decides to go with her Van. But at moment playing with Campervan.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Hi

Not tried to book anywhere yet as just purchased Campervan going to try Pub stopover's and other places can overnight stay close to sea.

Will book couple of weeks in Caravan when Daughter decides to go with her Van. But at moment playing with Campervan.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Try Search For Sites they cover almost all sites just look for a beer glass for pubs sites

Posted

Hi

Have found a internet site called Motor home wild camping. It's got map with all stopovers. Not tried any yet as still setting up Campervan the way I want it. Have got in touch with Pub on Norfolk Broads they said happy to stay in there car park which is right on the broads over looking moorings at Ranworth.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

2 people like this

Posted

Hi

Have found a internet site called Motor home wild camping. It's got map with all stopovers. Not tried any yet as still setting up Campervan the way I want it. Have got in touch with Pub on Norfolk Broads they said happy to stay in there car park which is right on the broads over looking moorings at Ranworth.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

I've got loads of motorhome phone apps for Europe as well  but Search for sites on the phone is the most comprehensive and soon it will be an actual app as well and you can use it offline by downloading what ever maps you need