CAMPERVAN

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi

Have been looking at cheap Campervan just to go out for days or occasional night away not giving up Caravan. Been looking at Talbot Auto Sleeper with 2LTR petrol engine it is the Luton type.

What I would like to know is the fuel consumption of these 2LTR petrol. Diesel ones seem to go for more money. Also I have had problems with the 2.5 diesel engine I had in my Ducato van cracking Heads.

Any feed back would be welcome.

Looking at spending max £6000

Happy Caravanning Monty

Posted

from what i remember of the old Talbot/transit 2ltr petrol engines you will be looking around 18 to 20mpg on a good day maybe 22mpg with the wind behind you and not to heavy a load, cant see it being any diff in a motorhome version to the 'white van' version

Posted

Hi

Well brought Campervan Swift Royal 590 Fiat Ducato 2.5 Diesel.

Cost quite a bit more than 6000 I was thinking about.

Learning about it at moment dif to my caravan.

Have to see our it goes need to change the way we Holiday now as both can't walk very far. But brought it mainly for days out and and short brakes. Hope to take it to Scotland and try some wild camping.

Going to keep Caravan for our main Holidays. But if we get on with Campervan who knows what will happen.

Got bike rack on back so have to try if I can ride bike but last time tried Arthritis stopped me would be good to follow wife's Mobility scooter to local shops, could always leave her in Van and use her scooter.

Happy Caravanning or Campervanning

Monty

Posted

Welcome to the Dark Side Keith - Hope you enjoy your Motorhome 

We found compared to the caravan you need some sort of transport but so much easier to drive and when in France and Spain so many more places to set down

Posted

Welcome to the Dark Side Keith - Hope you enjoy your Motorhome 

We found compared to the caravan you need some sort of transport but so much easier to drive and when in France and Spain so many more places to set down

Won't be going France or Spain Wife won't go out of this Country anymore after bad illness in Spain.

The some sort of transport might be the thing that kills campervanning. Anyway keeping Caravan.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Hi

Well found quite a few problems with Campervan just purchased, that I sore and never sore when inspecting Van before purchasing.

Rear window blind missing

Front tyres

No catch for sink top

Waste tank main drain screw cap missing

Screen washers inop

Some seat sticking come away

Gas bottle securing straps

Modified drivers seat to make it more comfortable to drive

Fit new habitation battery while seat out

Fridge door lock

Clean all seats and carpets

Refit some inner door edges

Run wires more neatly to tv that came with it

Service it.

Looks like it will be awhile before use it, but want it to be just wright for us.

Happy Caravanning and Campervan

Monty

Posted

Joys of leisure Monty......ouch!

geoff

Posted

Hi

As being new to to Motor Caravans.

Any tips on noise reduction ie:- food, pots and pans and anything that can move makes a noise or you just have to live with it.

In car when towing no noise.

This Campervan makes as much noise as my old mobile repair Van full of tools.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi

As being new to to Motor Caravans.

Any tips on noise reduction ie:- food, pots and pans and anything that can move makes a noise or you just have to live with it.

In car when towing no noise.

This Campervan makes as much noise as my old mobile repair Van full of tools.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

LOL

Right 

Pots and pans 

grab a cheap roll of J Cloths and cut to fit inbetween the plates

also this works though does need a couple of small screws to hold it instead of the self adhesive strip which comes away after a few months

Fiamma Omni Stop Secure Plate Holder Caravan Motorhome Boat 04912-01

Fiamma Omni Stop Secure Plate Holder 

Cooker

You can get a roll of blown polystyrene stuff for shower floors cut a couple of bits to place between the metal splash sides and the

cooker and glass top  works for us

Gas Fire 

Don't know yet but the thing really has a rather on tick over 

Posted

You don't think about the loading till you get one in our Caravan we just remove all from grill and oven