Last trip of the year ...

30 posts in this topic

Posted

:wine:

Van near enough packed, just the last few bits of food to load in the morning, check the noseweight in the morning and we're off to Dorset for a long weekend by the Fleet. Lots of dog walking, eating and drinking :)

Nothing else planned for the rest of the year but summat may crop up if we're lucky.  Next year will probably be a bit short on caravan time - 40th anniversary and apparently we're going to celebrate :(  Only thing certain so far is our anniversary weekend in January (Kids have planned summat but aren't telling us) and 10 days in Hungary in May - Katie's a big fan and is coming along as our tour guide :undecided: After that we're thinking about somewhere different in early September and probably a week in the Canaries in October/November.

:wine::wine::wine:

:England:

Posted

Ours is half term in October, 5 nights in Moreton in Marsh, get most of the Christmas shopping done so it's done & dusted 

Posted

We have 2 lined up , Black Knowl for half term to let grandson have some quality time in the forest.

Then  Wareham in Dorset CC day after boxing day for a wind down after Christmas

Posted

Have a good trip.

We are off to Ireland soon:jump:

1 person likes this

Posted

Going away in van for a week next week somewhere still not sure. Want to go Northumberland wife wants to go closer to home.

Happy Caravanning 

Monty 

Posted

Considering Chatsworth for a few days during October half term as my first run in a caravan for 9 years. Not too far away from home if all all goes wrong!

Posted

Good luck trying to get on the Chatsworth CC site, especially at half term, it seems to be permenantly fully booked!

Posted (edited)

At Beech Croft Farm, Buxton 'til Monday, then onto Winchcombe C&CC site mid October, then onto Barnstones CP, Banbury Xmas & New Year. Really do enjoy our winter caravanning even more than in the summer ( we've been doing it all year round for over 25 years now )

Happy caravanning , indoors.

NB: Just booked Conkers C&CC site again for weekend after next.

Edited by indoors

Posted

We shall be at winchcombe the last week of October . 

Posted

We've got October & November outings booked. Will have to cancel December as the eldest daughter, son-law and No1 granddaughter are moving back to Norfolk from Cheshire in 5 weeks!

Cheers

Keith

Posted

Have a good trip.

We are off to Ireland soon:jump:

I wished we were off to Ireland, everybody have a safe trip.

Posted

Booked 10 days on a CS near Sidmonth.

What a job to get on a popular CC or C&CC SITE 10 days in a row. Even tried a couple of CL's and CS sites before finding one for 10 days on trot.

Years ago end of September and October would have had no problems booking.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Booked 10 days on a CS near Sidmonth.

What a job to get on a popular CC or C&CC SITE 10 days in a row. Even tried a couple of CL's and CS sites before finding one for 10 days on trot.

Years ago end of September and October would have had no problems booking.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Yep, we're finding the same.  To be honest I tend to find the C&CC have more availability than the CC (or CMC as I suppose I should call them now).  

Posted

Reasons the CC have little space is the way you can book there sites without deposit and then just not turn up. C&CC take deposit which you can loose if no show.

Happy Caravanning 

Monty 

Posted

Try Blackmore or malvern hills . Both c&mc and c&cc next door to each other . 

Nice walks from site . Not too far for us I love it at this time of year

we are going to malvern hills c&mc next week . Although Blackmore c&cc is cheaper if you have AC .  We are then going to the malvern caravan show in the three counties show ground for the day . I can't wait . :banana:

Posted

Try Blackmore or malvern hills . Both c&mc and c&cc next door to each other . 

Nice walks from site . Not too far for us I love it at this time of year

we are going to malvern hills c&mc next week . Although Blackmore c&cc is cheaper if you have AC .  We are then going to the malvern caravan show in the three counties show ground for the day . I can't wait . :banana:

So you are going to the Caravan Show at the showgrounds around the corner?  BTW if you want one of the best and tastiest burgers go up to the Wych Inn at the top of the Malvern Hills on the way to Colwall.  Fantastic views if you get the right table.  Dogs are welcome and they even ban electronic cigarettes! 

Posted

Sounds very great  thanks for that . 

Posted

Just come back from 12 nights over Lincs & Suffolk with ICA.....a couple of nights local at Catterick Racecourse this weekend should put the cap on it as SWMBO suffers with cold...gone are the days of 12 month rallying!

geoff

Posted

Well just got back from 9 day break  thought it was Sidmouth but turned out to be 6 miles from Exeter this is probably last Caravan Holiday this year as just booked 4 days in Hotel Newquey Cornwall early November.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

6 miles from Exeter or the M5?

Posted

6 miles from Exeter or the M5?

?

Posted

?

Sorry you said the site was 6 miles from Exeter but I was wondering if you thinking of the M5 which is about 4 miles out of Exeter - just curious as to where you were  my Caravan is at Seaton on a seasonal pitch - we were in Sidmouth for the Carnival on the 23rd

Posted

Sorry you said the site was 6 miles from Exeter but I was wondering if you thinking of the M5 which is about 4 miles out of Exeter - just curious as to where you were  my Caravan is at Seaton on a seasonal pitch - we were in Sidmouth for the Carnival on the 23rd

Hi

Was not being exact. But about 6 miles from Tesco just the other side of M5 the actual place was Farrandon.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Just packing for half term break with grandson in New Forest, and true to form,weather rubbish, but as the saying goes,no such thing as bad weather, just wrong clothes

Posted

Finally finished erecting the awning for a 10 night stay in Norfolk. 

Last time with this awning and caravan, roll on December for a trip out in the new van when it should be ready to collect.

Happy days