Forewarned is forearmed

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Am I missing something? I often see this statement, " This site was last visited by a site officer in ....." when seeking out a site on the CCC. My immediate reaction is, ' so what'. What benefit is this to the potential caravanner visiting the site? 

The site owner/s are fully aware long before they are due and spend as much time as is necessary days before tidying up and cutting the grass etc etc. There has been many times over the years when the owner/s have said in passing conversation that they are expecting a visit on a particular day. Not once ever has a site officer approached us for a chat and ask for any opinions in confidence. All they do I presume is pass their own opinion for their likes and dislikes. 

Everybody has their own likes and dislikes when it comes to selecting a site some people want family sites others the complete opposite some need bus stops nearby so it's not the case of one size fits all. They are passing judgement on their likes and dislikes. Last year on one particular CS site we went over to the so called site officer for a chat and after a few minutes they started to quickly pass comments on their likes and dislikes so I said what about the caravanners opinions and he said, "well I suppose there is that to it"

So I'm at a loss as to what benefit they give, when caravanners leave reviews it is far easier to read between the lines as we all have different lifestyles.

Posted

I suppose it gives some folks a warm feeling but I don't take any notice. An inspection simply means it met a pre-prepared set of criteria at a certain time.

2 people like this

Posted

We were rallying on a field adjacent to a C&CC CS last year, went to visit friends who were on it......I commented that there was more than 5 vans on this patch,in fact with vans between barns and on rear field there were 11..some of which has grass growing between the wheels. I was told a man and a lady visited the previous day,as inspectors, made no comment about the vans but were concerned that their Club sign was hidden by a hedge... 

geoff

Posted

Bristles what has upset you to make you so grumpy.  Three grumpy post in 24 hours?  :wow:

Posted

Bristles what has upset you to make you so grumpy.  Three grumpy post in 24 hours?  :wow:

Here we go again, what is the matter with you? am I not allowed to pass an opinion without it being totally misconstrued. Nobody else seems to think I'm grumpy just read there posts. Why can't you be more productive and find something to contribute to the forum instead of taking a pop at a fellow caravanner who is not grumpy whatsoever. Were you use to grumpy caravanners in South Africa? If so please don't tar British caravanners with the same brush, thank you.

Posted

What an attitude!  I made a joke and you go off the deep end and insult me.

Posted (edited)

What an attitude!  I made a joke and you go off the deep end and insult me.

Please look up the definition of 'insult' my post is not an insult unless you yourself prefer it to be. What is there to joke about accusing another caravanner of being grumpy? If that's all you are capable of doing instead of contributing something of possible interest to this forum then it's better to keep your snotty remarks to yourself.

Incidentally for example, one of my posts was highlighting either websites showing one or two images of scenes which are not relating to their caravan site whatsoever or not even showing images at all. Please read Shipbroker's reply which is absolutely true and am confident that everyone at sometime or another has experienced this. Perhaps if only one site owner read these comments they may post image's thereby benefitting everyone so why accuse me of being grumpy? 

Shall we contribute something to the forum of possible interest or do you want to persist in concentrating on attacking other members post's, if so I'm done one this thread with you. Happy caravanning.

Edited by Bristles
Deleted a word

Posted

Please look up the definition of 'insult' my post is not an insult unless you yourself prefer it to be. What is there to joke about accusing another caravanner of being grumpy? If that's all you are capable of doing instead of contributing something of possible interest to this forum then it's better to keep your snotty remarks to yourself.

Incidentally for example, one of my posts was highlighting either websites showing one or two images of scenes which are not relating to their caravan site whatsoever or not even showing images at all. Please read Shipbroker's reply which is absolutely true and am confident that everyone at sometime or another has experienced this. Perhaps if only one site owner read these comments they may post image's thereby benefitting everyone so why accuse me of being grumpy? 

Shall we contribute something to the forum of possible interest or do you want to persist in concentrating on attacking other members post's, if so I'm done one this thread with you. Happy caravanning.

HI  Bristles

You do seem a bit grumpy going by the comments left to me on which way Caravans should be parked must have had bad week

lets hope you feel better next week.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted (edited)

HI  Bristles

You do seem a bit grumpy going by the comments left to me on which way Caravans should be parked must have had bad week

lets hope you feel better next week.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Clearly you are talking nonsense. Where have I ever told you which way your caravan should be parked? You are obviously getting me mixed up with someone else.

However, I have said that parking one's car next to someone else's caravan is inconsiderate which it is under normal circumstances when they cannot be bothered to walk around their own caravan which is nothing but pure lazyness unless possibly for health reasons as you say in your case but that doesn't stop you from stopping right by your awning to let your passenger out if the situation is that bad and then parking your car by your own van.

It seems that you also need to differentiate between being grumpy and passing an opinion.

If I or indeed anyone else rents a pitch on a caravan site they don't expect to find their neighbour parking on it invading their privacy. Everyone with intelligence would agree with this statement so all I can say is get over it. I consider the space directly either side of my caravan to be part of the pitch that I am renting and not for an inconsiderate neighbour to park there.

Please get your facts right and stick to contributing something worthwhile to this forum if that is at all possible.

Edited by Bristles
Added text.

Posted (edited)

All I am saying is please respect someone else's pitch and don't abuse and intrude on your neighbour's space by intruding on their privacy. If that is what you define as being grumpy then amen.

Edited by Bristles
Added text