Am I alone on this issue?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

A picture is worth a thousand words:
Am I expecting to much? 
When I am searching an area to visit it never ceases to amaze me when trawling through various websites that many owners don't seem to care or be bothered one iota  with regards to promoting their caravan site. I love to see several pictures of the site and around the site as well as if there are any facilities although I never ever use site facilities but all to often I see either a comment saying 'awaiting picture from CL' or one picture only which is often obscure and very often a picture of a High Street somewhere or a donkey in the middle of an adjacent field or one or two pictures that have nothing to do with their site whatsoever. I don't pitch up in any High Street nor in the middle of an adjacent field with donkeys or whatever. I also like to see pictures of the entrance from either direction showing access to their site it does help to recognise the entrance as one nears the address especially if it is a CS or a CL, sign's are sometimes either covered up with overgrown shrub's or not there at all.
My perception of these types of sites is take it or leave it.

Posted

Certainly I gave a few CL's a miss last year as although owners were CC members they too didn't have pictures of site.

geoff

Posted

I like to see several photos of a site before visiting of the actual caravan area, followed up using Google Earth. My take on it is that if they can't be bothered with that simple task are they really bothered with the site and the needs of those using it

1 person likes this

Posted

The reviews on my website always have lots of photos:;):

David

2 people like this

Posted

Perhaps we need a website like this one  https://en.camping-streetview.com/

Posted

Yes I would agree most sites don't show pictures or even have a upto date web page which is frustrating when wanting to check for availability or when you call the phone rings out or is answered normally by a grump voice at the other end of the phone. 

1 person likes this

Posted

or when you call the phone rings out or is answered normally by a grump voice at the other end of the phone. 

Yep!!! Agree on that!!! 

Posted

If they don't have pictures have a look on google maps for area around and entrance if possible .

Posted

Maybe the CL owners who don't have photographs on display have more than enough trade? 

Maybe they are they don't feel competent enough to add photos? I'm not sure I could do so.  :rolleyes3:

Posted

I look on google earth now especially since they have the new programme. It shows "almost" everything that you might need to know - apart from the grumpiness of the owner. I record thes pics and save them for my caravan diary.

maurice

perhaps we could share them here?

Posted

This is so true the pictures really do seem to be the last thing owner  of sites think about which is really bizzare considering most of us will make a decision about staying on one based on what the pictures portrayThere must have been a rush in phontography during the 1980's because that how old many photos look. Maybe there is a niche business for someone who's good with a DSLR

Posted

Certainly I gave a few CL's a miss last year as although owners were CC members they too didn't have pictures of site.

geoff

Since then I have been looking for two sites which I stayed at previously,both CC member owned, and they have been closed...and they DID have pictures when I booked last time....

geoff