Inconsiderate or ignorance

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Where do you park when on site? I have only been caravanning since 1970 and have always and will always park on the offside of the caravan wherever possible. So standing facing the front of your caravan it would be car, caravan and awning if one has an awning. Thereby giving one a little degree of privacy keeping neighbours at bay.

Recently I had to ask my neighbour if he would kindly put his vehicle the other side of his caravan which would give him privacy because when we returned from being out he was parked less than a foot from my aquarol, I couldn't walk down the side of my caravan unless I climbed over my aquarol and didn't relish in the thought of him looking in my windows every time he went to or got out of his car.

On his pitch it was caravan, awning, car. Obviously if one doesn't have an awning then to park where the awning would be isn't a problem.

Posted

Thats the way I have always done it car, caravan, awning, unless instructed otherwise or on CLs where we go and then there is so much space I can park anywhere :)

Posted

Car, caravan, awning - although where I am now I could park about 6 or 7 cars side by side behind my caravan before I got anywhere near the awning of the caravan behind mine, sometimes park at the side or in front of the awning - still lots of space before the next caravan.

I suppose it's one of the advantages of not being on a military CC or C&CC site (he says tongue in cheek)

Posted

Seeing as we mostly use club sites it is car, caravan, awning as that's the rule.  In an ideal world all sites would simply have a pitch with a large space (no-mans land) in between giving folks the option to park anywhere within the pitch.

Having said this, there are a few CC sites where the pitch simply isn't big enough to squeeze all three items onto the allocated pitch and you do end up spilling out/over onto adjacent areas.

Posted

We prefer caravan, awning and car, but I would never park that close to a neighbour.  We seldom use CC sites these days as find them too expense.

1 person likes this

Posted

We prefer caravan, awning and car, but I would never park that close to a neighbour.  We seldom use CC sites these days as find them too expense.

If there is plenty of room I wouldn't have a problem with that but if it prevented a neighbour from parking their car next to their own caravan I would consider it inconsiderate. Whilst on site it helps to guard your pride and joy as well as giving more privacy. But it's each to their own. 

Posted (edited)

Some sites I get confused on last site I was on it was Caravan,Awning,Car. But most times it is Car,Van,Awning.

As my wife can't walk very well I like to park car as close to awning entrance. If no awning close to VAN door.

Sometimes it is not ignorance or in consideration.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Edited by MONTYSA
Missed out not
1 person likes this

Posted

Some sites I get confused on last site I was on it was Caravan,Awning,Car. But most times it is Car,Van,Awning.

As my wife can't walk very well I like to park car as close to awning entrance. If no awning close to VAN door.

Sometimes it is not ignorance or in consideration.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

sorry to hear that your wife cannot walk very well. However if one parks next to somebody else's caravan I still consider it to be most inconsiderate. It is not the other side of the world to walk around the front of a caravan but having said that one could stop right in front of their own caravan for as long as it takes and anyone with that severe walking disability has on a few feet to their awning then the driver can pop their car next to their own caravan. I can't see that being a problem. Happy caravanning as well.