Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

That old grey waste question

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Dump it in the flower beds or cart it to the drain? Saw this on FB and wandered if opinions had changed or not

Most of the time mine is just full of tea with a bit of washing up liquid so don't mind dumping it in the bushes if that is what the site wants.

Posted

Is that recycled tea or not?  :wow:

Posted

Round the edge of the field on a rally, in the bushes if there are any on site or down the drain if a site with no rough ground.

Ian

Posted

On one site the site owner set up a drain pipe from our waste back through to the trees behind our pitch - before this I'd never considered it, always taking the grey to the drain...

Posted (edited)

On some of the cl's & cs's that I have been on the owner's prefer waste water to be emptied into the hedge otherwise the cess pit fills up quicker and obviously needs emptying far more often which is expensive. If that is what the owner requests then I don't have a problem and always conform after all it is THEIR property.

Personally I cannot see what all the fuss is about. If one was depositing human waste, engine oil or liquid's of this nature into a hedge then I could understand but but half a bowl of ordinary water with a little squirt of very mild washing up liquid which does not harm one's hands whatsoever is neither here nor there. 

Frankly, fumes from transport such as cars, vans, lorries, buses, motor bikes, ships, aircraft, factories etc should be of far more concern with regards to pollution than a minute number of caravanners who empty relatively clean non toxic small amounts of water into a hedge once or twice a day when out caravanning seasonally. I have come across caravanners who have said that they always eat out and that their sink has never been used.

Comparing a minute number of seasonal caravanners emptying half a bowl of washing up water in a hedge compared to the horendous pollution that surrounds us 24/7 365 day's of the year is chalk and cheese. I know what does more damage to one's health and it's not tipping some relatively clean washing up water in a hedge, it's as stated above.

Why do some people have to make a drama out of something that causes no harm to anyone nor any consequence to anyone?

Edited by Bristles
Added text.
1 person likes this

Posted

By and large as a fellow rallier I agree with IanB...however,there are some fields we use where the aquifers for the village are close to surface and disposal of any wastewater,other than in Elsan, is banned. Another area we visit the National Parks dictate where such disposal shall take place.

geoff