Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rest break

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, does anybody know if there are any safe places to stop for a break on the A303 between the M3 and Exeter towing a caravan. We intend traveling during the night as it should be far more peaceful and far less traffic.

Many thanks in anticipation. 

Posted

I would have a look on Google Earth, seem to remember that there was a big layby near Holton on the A303, but some time back.

geoff

1 person likes this

Posted

I would have a look on Google Earth, seem to remember that there was a big layby near Holton on the A303, but some time back.

geoff

Many thanks for your reply

Posted

:wine:

There's a big rest area on the A303 at Cartgate near Yeovil. It's just right of a roundabout and well signed. I'd imagine it gets quite busy at night though

:wine::wine::wine:

:England:

Posted

:wine:

There's a big rest area on the A303 at Cartgate near Yeovil. It's just right of a roundabout and well signed. I'd imagine it gets quite busy at night though

:wine::wine::wine:

:England:

Many thanks Bob for your input.

Posted

Upottery EX14 9ND large layby  Emma's cafe also in corner of layby I normally run over night to this layby park up properly about 3am get up in morn have breakfast in cafe then carry on to Devon or Cornwall.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Upottery EX14 9ND large layby  Emma's cafe also in corner of layby I normally run over night to this layby park up properly about 3am get up in morn have breakfast in cafe then carry on to Devon or Cornwall.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Thank you for your input, that sounds like a perfect plan. We also prefer to travel at night mainly because the traffic would be a lot lighter, it's more peaceful with less grief from other traffic cutting you up and riding on your back bumper and better for the dog just in case we get a shock and the sun comes out.

Many thanks for all the replies.