Air awnings (again)

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Condensation on the inside of the roof seems to be on-par with every other awning we've had though 

IMG_3803.JPG

That seems a lot of condensation, they sell inner roof panels which I have but never used. Keep meaning to put them up but to lazy.

It looks like you are pitched in wood protected by trees when pitched in open field or on sea front you will notice the difference between air and awning with strong poles.

Found away to pull awning around on own. I use two bungee straps and length of rope hook bungee into eye in awning tie rope to other end of bungee pull on rope then tie to rear caravan handle push awning from front in to awning rail when tension released take up tension again you have to repeat this till awning in place. 

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

Putting the awning away this morning was done in the rain! Wrestling it into its hold-all bag made easier by using luggage straps to pull it in and make it smaller. I'll put it up at the weekend to dry it out and to try and clean the bird muck off it......

The limpets wouldn't work on the decals on our caravan, only the painted surfaces. I'm going to buy one of the hole punches to move a couple of them as they fell directly where the side reflectors are.

So, after five nights away, would I recommend an air awning? Yes, but I'd point out their short comings and stress that they are not as easy to put up as some would have you believe 

Two other advantages there. 

1. The bags are big for their size!  Much better than, say Isabella which are a very tight fit.
  2. Try putting an 'ordinary' awning up to dry as quickly.

Posted

The storage bag was more than big enough when I repacked it after we tried the awning out a few weeks back, but trying to get it back in when it was wet through and the rain was running down my neck was a different story, I'll put it down to a momentary lack of patience!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

We have a magnum coal . It’s very good easy to put up strong and sturdy . We love it . We bought it just before the air awning became so popular .  we have helped others  on site trying to put their air awnings up and I thought it how difficult . 

You can buy magnum awnings second hand at very good prices now I would think this is because people are changing to air awnings . 

I wouldn’t change the old style awning are still worth keeping , they all need pegging and this is what takes the time xx 

Edited by nor
Typing error

Posted

I don't think Isabella will produce an air awning as it is a fad at the moment.  However they are launching air awning under their Ventura name. 

Posted

Hi All,

Not posted on here for quite some time now but I have just bought a Kampa Rally Air Pro 390 Plus so was looking on the net for tips and advice (a bit late I know).

Not put the awning up yet but I must say the quality looks spot on. We have used a conventional Kampa Rally 200 (pole version) for a number of years and that has stood the test of time and wind! Hopefully the new one will give us just as good service. Looking forward to the extra space over the 200 and having somewhere to leave the wet clothing and dog without leaving it all in the main sitting eating area.

Selling our Isabella Capri Lux now as well as this should do us for weekends and longer holidays.

Cheers

Andy

ps I tried changing my profile but it just failed each time. We now have a Hyundai Santa Fe and a 2016 Swift Challenger 640.