Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Route planner advice needed

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I think my sat nav is out of date for the Dutch roads . I will use it but I always like to familiarise myself with a route as well . And use a map or planner along side . 

we are travelling from the hook of holland to delft . ( delftse hout caravan site ) I know it's not far .

i have printed a route from the AA also looked at the Mitchelin route . ( they give 3 options ) all the routes are different , this I'm finding confusing . How can there be 3 or 4 different routes to this site . 

Three years ago we went to the same site and headed towards Rotterdam . Any ideas on route or which planner to follow . 

Posted

Use ViaMichelin which we have found to be quite accurate and takes into account that you are towing a caravan etc.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would use ViaMichelin too for most European journeys...but we were there about four years ago on a rally and used AA routing then from the ferry....

geoff

Posted

Yes we did go three years ago to the rally . Last year we just went by car near to Amsterdam . I remember saying I'm glad we didn't have the can with us due to new road layouts. 

The mitchelin shows three routes . I do like their print out because of the illustrations being clearer but I will probably follow or use the AA . Again there is a section that is new . It's not clear even on google maps . 

Im sure it will be fine in the end , luckily it's not far from port . 

Posted

Try Google Maps and route option , also the map option gives traffic info as well  ,we are off to Keukenhof in 4 weeks via Calais  and will be using in car sat nav supplemented by Tom Tom and route printout from Google routes , belt, braces. and piece  of string :2thumbsup:

1 person likes this

Posted

You cannot beat Via Michelin.

DianneT

Posted

We are in delft on c&cc rally . Loving it . But my route was terrible . I got lost or took a wrong turn not a good idea with a caravan on the back . As did many others on the site . I always used to go Rotterdam then up on the A13 very easy and I will go that way back . Yet all route planners and sat nav gave alternative route on ring road around den Haag . Once on that route there are so many tunnels sat nav went mad and didn't know what to do .

So if anyone is going or thinking of travelling from the hook head towards Rotterdam first . It's much easier.