Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Caravan Club V Caravan and Camping Club

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ok people......I know that the Caravan Club has a new name (Caravan and Motorhome Club) or something like that, but what I want to know is which of these two Clubs offer the best value for money for someone only interested in touring the UK for the time being.  The type of sites that I would be mainly interested in are adults only, quiet and within walking distance of a good olde world pub.  Over the coming years though France and beyond will be on the cards and therefore ferry discounts would come into the equation. 

Edited by Darth

Posted

I would look for what is available in your area, we have more Caravan Club CLs near us than Camping and Caravanning CS's so for us the caravan club makes more sense

But I like the CCC and my van is insured through them so......

Welcome back Doug, many happy nights shared at various campsites watching you drink too much, while I drank coffee :) hope to see you both soon

1 person likes this

Posted

I would look for what is available in your area, we have more Caravan Club CLs near us than Camping and Caravanning CS's so for us the caravan club makes more sense

But I like the CCC and my van is insured through them so......

Welcome back Doug, many happy nights shared at various campsites watching you drink too much, while I drank coffee :) hope to see you both soon

""""( many happy nights shared at various campsites watching you drink too much, while I drank coffee :)

well if you don,t share you.r coffee why should some one share their drinks with you :banana:

1 person likes this

Posted

As an ex Motorhomer I / we prefer the CCC simply because they seem to cater for MH ,s also there are a lot more CS in my area I guess its swings and roundabouts  that said there are more CMHC CL,s than the  CCC which ever you use enjoy

Posted

The CC does offer a lot in the way of travel insurance, regimented sites, etc.  A lot of people join the CC for the CL network.  Why not join both and then  at the end of the year decide which one is for you?

Posted

Ok people......I know that the Caravan Club has a new name (Caravan and Motorhome Club) or something like that, but what I want to know is which of these two Clubs offer the best value for money for someone only interested in touring the UK for the time being.  The type of sites that I would be mainly interested in are adults only, quiet and within walking distance of a good olde world pub.  Over the coming years though France and beyond will be on the cards and therefore ferry discounts would come into the equation. 

None of the Club sites in either the C&CC or CMC are adults only I'm afraid. There are a few of the CL's and CS's (private 5 van sites) that operate an adults only policy. For adults only sites go to the UKCS website for listings in that category.

Posted

Being a member of both my assessment of the Clubs is that the Caravan and Motorhome Club have more consistent high standards of sites compared to the C&CC where site quality varies a lot. However we tend to decide on sites according to location and as we use our own facilities we are not too bothered by the generally more utilitarian  quality of the C&CC. The C&MC hardstanding pitches are always more generous in size but unlike the C&CC you can't book a hardstanding unless it also happens to be a serviced pitch.

David

Posted

We are also in both clubs . Unlike David we don't use our own facilities.  

I do use both club sites . The cc clubs hard standing pitches do seem bigger and are better out of season when the weather is bad.  They do charge slightly more than the c&cc . Yet I have been looking at the new sites books and think the cs ( c&cc ) seem to charge a lot more than the cl ( cc ) . Sites.  You can look at these on their web sites. 

The cc do have more sites than the c&cc . I have recently made a list of sites with in approx 70 miles of where we live . And there were 11 cc sites , 4 c&cc sites . And 1 cl . 

I think as others have said join both for one year and decide. I like both clubs and use both.  Or if you have any of the sites near you visit them. Ask if you can look around . Our  caravan is insured with the c&cc site . Yet travel insurance for Europe is with the cc .

good luck what ever you do .

Posted

We also belong to both and historically preferred the CC over the C&CC because the CC sites were always a lot "nicer" in our opinion.  However, of late we've started using more C&CC sites simply to have a change as we've done a lot of the CC sites many times.

For adult-only sites have a look at the CL's offered by the CC as quite a few are adults only.

Posted

We have ended up members of both.

CC (refuse to use new name!) because they give us the best deal on insurance - effectively making membership free.

C&CC With senior discount, once again membership effectively free when compared against non-member fees.

Cheers

Keith

1 person likes this

Posted

C&CC With senior discount, once again membership effectively free when compared against non-member fees.

Cheers

Keith

That's why my parents only use C&CC, it's quite a good deal.

Posted

I did mean to say don't forget c&cc need to accommodate tents . And this is why they need more grass pitches. Also the toilet facilities where campers can do dish washing etc . I think some of the c&cc site can look a little less regimental . But I still like both clubs.

Posted (edited)

:wine:

I can't comment on C&CC sites as we've only used one or two but since we got back into vanning we've used a lot of CC sites and generally, although they're not adults only, we've hardly seen any kids and have had no problems with the few that have been about. I think the key is to choose sites that aren't too close to places that attract kids and avoid mass holiday times ;)

:wine::wine::wine:

:England:

Edited by Predictable Bob
1 person likes this

Posted

Have only ever been Members of the Caravan Club and that is for over 40 years  Insurance for Car and Caravan excellent price and Value.  In latter years only used CL's .which we have never had any bother with children if there have ever been any.

DianneT

Posted

Agree with Dianne, forgot she stays in UK sometimes!

Have stayed on a few C&CC sites on other associations rallies and never had any bother with children or adults.....wardens perhaps but not children.

geoff

Posted

Hi

Not much difference between both CC&C are cheaper if you are over 60 with age discount.

Happy Caravaning 

Monty

Posted

I'm a member of c&cc and have enjoyed their sites in he past but now am on a non cc or c&cc site and am really enjoying it...

One thing has occurred to me though... all sites are adult only during term time...

Posted

:wine:

Oh no they're not !

Weekends can be a free for all and toddlers make as much noise as school age kids :help:

:wine::wine::wine:

:England: