Selling my Abbey Vogue 215 GTS

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Abbey Vogue GTS 215 - 2 berth caravan

know this seems drastic but it seems that Mary don't want to caravan any more. She wants a holiday where she is waited on and meals cooked etc.

It will be a shame to finish as I have been doing this for 50 or so years

You have seen the van in various pics through the site just had it cleaned and it looks and feels like new.

I have had the Alko system fitted :

Motor mover :-- Tyron wheel bands --: New battery last year:ko system fitted --:I have had the Alko stabiliser system fitted,

All the normal things like --  Waste master -- water roll -- pumps and spare pumps. -- gas bottles (if required)

Large porch awning -- ground sheet -- etc. etc. Full service each year since now -- got the stickers etc.

general_layout.thumb.jpg.8e091e996e30e52

Inside_Frount.thumb.jpg.eff729d47d097d66caravan_2.thumb.JPG.4f2dee6caa34b4c14cfbinside1.thumb.jpg.7ab7033b64ca18d40b1281IMG_0001_(1).thumb.JPG.ef451d303aed48fdd :Inside_light_240V.thumb.jpg.f187da5c2b18shower.thumb.jpg.34b64a1ad12aa224ef564cctoilet_seat.thumb.jpg.62089faae471916dbcshower_tray.thumb.jpg.3e7fc57d508b3696baWashsh_basin.thumb.jpg.fa5eeba50421f7548Cooker.thumb.jpg.4a65eda0dc7a213734d13b9Wash_basin2.thumb.jpg.6eaac595ce2911a575sink.thumb.jpg.281d4edc821ba66a87bd78bfa

I hope you like what you see drop me a line if you are interested

Photos taken after Paul had finished cleaning it. -- Looks like new -- even better than new...

Maurice

Posted

Good luck Maurice. A lovely caravan.

We shall be selling ours soon. 

Don't want to caravan anymore. Especially after having this lovely cottage this week.

Posted

Seriously I don't know what to ask for it, there are prices on the web but none are as nice and clean as this one, also from the dealers against a new one at £16000. Mine cost nothing like that, I would just Like it to go to a good caravan family who want a nice van -- ALL offers will be considered - honesty 

Maurice

Posted

Good luck with your sale Maurice. We had to sell ours 18 months ago and didn't really get what we wanted for it. I am sure you will sell it but be warned to go and hide when it is towed away, Ever seen a grown man cry????

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Good luck with your sale Maurice. We had to sell ours 18 months ago and didn't really get what we wanted for it. I am sure you will sell it but be warned to go and hide when it is towed away, Ever seen a grown man cry????

i sobbed when our Lunar was towed away. :cry1:. If  Maxey and Weybourne sites were still open we would still be caravanning. 

Or maybe not. 

Edited by Jbeans

Posted

I can quite imagine -- I haven't been without a caravan for 50 years. But as I have now got this Meniere problem that makes you deaf and dizzy. Mary says we had better not carry on. She is saying she wants a rest but I know that she is saying all this to stop me getting stressed out. I think I can do it she says no..

The photos were taken after Tourershine had finished cleaning it last week. Looks very good!!

Posted

Sorry to read the position you find yourself in and its ramifications on a hobby  you obviously enjoyed for 50 years.

Not that I have an interest to purchase but others that might would I have thought wished to know the age of the van?  I am not seeing it, or not looking well enough.

Hope things pan out better than they might look at the moment. 

Posted

I can quite imagine -- I haven't been without a caravan for 50 years. But as I have now got this Meniere problem that makes you deaf and dizzy. Mary says we had better not carry on. She is saying she wants a rest but I know that she is saying all this to stop me getting stressed out. I think I can do it she says no..

The photos were taken after Tourershine had finished cleaning it last week. Looks very good!!

Maurice, I am not sure if your Merniere problem is something you have to inform the DVLA about but I would certainly check with your doctor. I was advised to inform them and was forced to give up driving  because I couldn't pass their sight test. If you should have an incident or accident and you haven't informed them then you could be in serious trouble not withstanding insurance problems.

Posted

Maurice, I am not sure if your Merniere problem is something you have to inform the DVLA about but I would certainly check with your doctor. I was advised to inform them and was forced to give up driving  because I couldn't pass their sight test. If you should have an incident or accident and you haven't informed them then you could be in serious trouble not withstanding insurance problems.

Thanks for that I contacted the DVLA after reading an article on the NHS web site and  had a letter -- Part off below :-

We write to clarify one point in your otherwise excellent review article on Meniere’s disease . We understand that, in contrast to that which is stated in the article, patients have no specific obligation to advise the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) when a diagnosis of Meniere’s disease is made. DVLA guidance for doctors states that patients should not drive if they are liable to “Attacks of unprovoked or unprecipitated disabling giddiness”

So as it stands the answer is no according to them.

But like all things - - if I felt particularly poorly I wouldn't drive any way:offtopic:

Maurice

Caravan for sale

:secret:Apart from that anyone want to buy a ten year old caravan -- looks and feels like new.--total service history all mod cons etc. - all the extras you would need to set off tomorrow.

--      me when van has gone :biker:

Googled around and saw them going at around --From £9500 down to notthing -- so I would think  £8,500 is about fair:thumbsup:

So that's a starting price. :cheering:

Unless we have a bidding war .:wow:

Posted

Maurice, your caravan is a credit to you. It's  immaculate inside and out. Your asking price is very fair indeed. 

Just wish I had not lost my caravan mojo.:cry1:

Posted

Maurice.  I can well understand your feelings at this time.  Yes, I can see Mary's point as well.  Val && I at times would venture to the New Forest for three months at a time.  Change of scenery etc but for Mary & Val, so often it still meant cooking etc.  My friend.  I wish you and yours the very best.  PLEASE never stop contributing to this fine forum.  I still enjoy the comanionship of longtime members albiet, I am now on my own and no longer enjoy caravanning.  THumbs up mate and keep in touch.  Mike.

Posted

OK then !!! Anyone want this caravan!

I have just fitted the new tailored cover - sent the first one back as they had positioned the cover bit on the roof for thr TV aerial mushroom in the wrong place. Put it nearly over the door - but it is about two foot further forward. No problem as I also asked them to put some zips in for the front Locke and battery box.

Mary said why bother you are selling it you won't need them. Ah-well I suppose that it felt normal to keep it how you yourself would like it.

Had the "Tarmac" gang around - they were around this time last year but were "Roof cleaners" then. One thought it was a nice van and how much would I be wanting for it "cash -pound notes -in your hand now!!  I told them what I thought and he then was going on about his 16 year old wife having a baby really pulling the sob stuff - living with "my Da" and not enough room etc. I thought it quite a sad story, so asked how much he would give me -  I then got the sobs again - no cash - wife pregnant etc   How much? I said ----  £1,200 he said -- cash pound notes in your hand.

What do you think I said?

What would you have said?

Anyone want to buy a good (very good) caravan? Make me an offer all looked at and considered.

Maurice

googled around and saw them going at around --From £9500 down to notthing -- so I would think  £8,500 is about fair:thumbsup:

Posted

..........I have three yards of spare asphalt left over on a council job mate,do a swap??...

geoff

p.s. make sure all you hitch locks etc are on Maurice!

Posted

p.s. make sure all you hitch locks etc are on Maurice!

Wise words Geoff.

Posted

Polished the van out-side, Mary said why are you bothering, I think hope springs eternal and we might just do something in the UK- like a T&T rally or something. Any rallies that I can tow it to and convince that we do have good holidays.

Rally -- Rally -- Rally --

If I shout loud enough one might just happen...

Maurice

Posted

Can't drive to tow at all now and laid up in bed for most off the day perhaps up for a couple of hours in the afternoon. So this is the end of 50+ years of caravaning. From towing a Cadet with a mini clubman from lands ent to the north of Scotland. Driving fro Kenya to Cape Town.

South to North Australia. Sydney to Alice Springs Australia.

And more recently driving around Europe Holand, Germany, Switzerland,France and Spain for three months.

327 Rallies over that time including four CC European 

We have had a wonderful time and can't recommend it enough.Some great friends here too not forgetting "Doc" all those years ago.

Still to get rid of the van -- but have sent a mail to W Arches asking them to tow it away. Virtually giving it to them as it needs to go.

Also just this morning had my Volvo insurance reminder which is insured extra for towing. ,!!! I won't need that big bill as well.

Mary fell and broke her arm last week also her jaw she was covered in blood and looked as though she had just do ten rounds with Mohamed Ali. She fell out of the fount door, and I didn't hear any thing as I was comatose having taken sleeping tablets. 

Eventualy did hear and opened the door to see her kneeling there covered in blood. Any way did the 999 thing and they were very good here within 15 mins and in the fracture clinic half hour later. She is feeling better now but only has one arm and jaw bandaged and stitched. We are a right pair. Got to go to the X-ray every Monday for the next six weeks. Because we are old and your bones don't mend. So no more Zopiclone for me for a while.

any way nice to have met all

Maurice and Mary 

Posted

Sorry to hear the Maurice, wishing you both the best.

Posted

Maurice, so sorry to hear about you and Mary. Best wishes from Staaaaamfoooord.xx.

Posted

So sorry to hear this Maurice, it was a pleasure to have met and known you, please take care the pair of you,

Posted

So sorry to hear of your predicament Maurice; hope Mary makes a speedy recovery. Trust your Almoner is doing his job, Brother.

Regards, Alan P.

Posted

Ok this has still not sold - but Mary is adamant that she don't want to do any more caravan in after 37 years! So I will have to sell both the Volvo and the van as we only kept the Volvo to tow the caravan. It is a S69 TD and in totally beautiful condition as I have had it since new and tended it like a baby it has done only 55,000 miles and has been detailed clean since new. 

So both for £10k and you can use the van to tow it away.

the van has all the things required for caravaning- water - steps - CD player -

a couple of awnings - porch and full - ground sheet etc. Van fitted wit ABS.

had a new fitted cover made last year by Caravan Covers of Rushden, every thing you need to start caravaning tomorrow with a wonderful car and caravan.

give me a bell and make an offer.

Maurice  07931310088

Posted

----------------------------THE END ------------------------------------

Well that's it --- all gone and dusted..

Sold it back to its original home - White Arches of Rushden.

Rang Nick White and told him and he fully understood.

No hesitation of saying he will have it --AND  - collect it!!

I have had all my vans over the years from them -my first was the second van they sold -- from Peter Sharp when he was setting up -- from is drive way .... it was a Sprite Cadet -- 8cwt with the door at the back.--      

59dfd3b8a963d_sprite-cadet-69-GH1.thumb.  

towed with a 850 mini from Lands end to Fort William.

Great holidays. Never had any problems at all.

So my friends that is the end of an era for us.... but hopefully the start of something new.

Mary is talking of touring France staying in a gites or holiday home. Proper beds and toilets etc..

What has also gone is the beloved Volvo S60 SE 5d that went yesterday ---

Again SAD

Today we have been out and bought a brand new Vauxhall Crosland  with all the swings and whistles -- every add on -- we had it. --it will even park itself.

So although we might have finished with the caravan :sad2::sad2:

We have NOT finished with France :belgium:and Spain:Spain: we still have Ireland:Ireland:

and many other places --- not doing     Australia:sad:    or   Africa:shutupsign:  again

might consider :Canada:  or even  :mickey:

Maurice and Mary

Posted

Maurice, here's wishing you and Mary all the best in your new holiday ventures!

Posted

Whatever you do M&M enjoy, we have had a few good holidays in France just doing B&B's,most of them pre-booked,not all. Oddly enough very few were French owned,Brits,Dutch,German and even a Russian...but all good value.

geoff

Posted

Just popped in to see how things are — love the Crossland X which is an automatic, just love it.

Mary not to be outdone sold her Renault and bought a Vauxhall Corsa - automatic as well - hers hasn’t got all swings and whistles like mine  but it goes well.

Havent been away yet but planing SOUTH of France in July. Might see someone we know as we are going next to some of our old caravan sites.

Maurice