Fishing in Portugal this summer

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I realise this is probably a long shot but we are planning to escape the heat of Spain in July and or August we fancy Portugal as its supposedly much cooler especially at night there, but we love to fish preferably rivers or lakes and am just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of any campsites that have either a fishing lake or river or has either of these nearby, sea fishing would be okay as well as long as it wasn't interfering with other people swimming, sunbathing etc, any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Posted

To be honest not heard much about river fishing in Portugal - - hear too much about the Ebro and Catfish

BUT

If Portugal is as good then you need to check out the lakes and possibly estuaries from the Motorhome parkings I have started to collect there are lots of tidal areas that should fish well 

those I have particularly marked are

Parking Peneche  N 39° 21.591' W009° 24.495'

FREE  Parking Sao Martinho do Porto  N 39° 30.116' W009° 8.498'  river and beach

Alvor  River and Beach  

Sáo Bartolomeu de Messines

Bethem Lisbon

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow thank you so much I am off now to take a look.

Posted

Wow thank you so much I am off now to take a look.

No worries my only problem is hidng the gear so I have enough or rather three times the amount the wife thinks is enough then getting enough time for a decent session not the half hour she thinks is enough :jump:

Posted (edited)

No worries my only problem is hidng the gear so I have enough or rather three times the amount the wife thinks is enough then getting enough time for a decent session not the half hour she thinks is enough :jump:

:sofa: I think every bloke should be allowed to fish if he wants! 

I like sea fishing and watching the world go by at Rutland Water when my hubby fishes there in the summer.

Edited by Jbeans

Posted

Both me and my Husband love fishing we always have, we make a sort of competition out of it and the one who catches the least has to provide dinner (if its me I buy it) :)

2 people like this

Posted

:sofa: I think every bloke should be allowed to fish if he wants! 

I like sea fishing and watching the world go by at Rutland Water when my hubby fishes there in the summer.

Steph doesn't mind me fishing she just thinks I don't need different rods for different types of fishing

2 people like this