Possible rally for 2017

53 posts in this topic

Posted

Does that mean you can do June?

Maybe depends on where we are only limitation next year is the flipping doctors want to see you every 3 months - - wish we were in Scotland there it's 6 month

Posted

Not sure if we have enough interest in this to go ahead, unless we can get more people ?

Posted

Would have liked to attend but unfortunately it coincides with our holiday to France :sad2:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

dont think thats the one, this one is in North Runcton http://www.touringtenting.co.uk/norfolk/kings-lynn-camping-and-caravan-park 

We held an AGM rally there (another group I'm a member of) a couple of years ago and had about 30 units there, plenty of room on site, good toilet/shower block; useful to us was the fact that they had a large chalet/summer house type building we were able to use for our get togethers and AGM meeting. Would be happy to visit this site again.

But...................If you are looking at June, we like several others are usually on the other side of the channel from late May till early July........so, I'm afraid wouldn't be able to join you.

Edited by Kiaman

Posted

Had it been last year (and the caravan was ready then I might have been interested, unfortunately not only is my caravan sited, it's on the wrong side of the country now....

Perhaps I might be looking for a motor home in the near future for touring and events like this...

Posted (edited)

What about the late May bank holiday? We used to rally at thst time a lot.

Edited by olderbutnotwiser

Posted

Spring Bank Holiday is the CC National and also many other CC major events.

Would think you could lose at least 2 of the possibles if that weekend.

geoff

Posted

:wine:

But you may gain a lot more Geoff !  When we were rallying a lot we spoke to loads of people that wouldn't go near the National and were bemoaning the lack of alternatives for that weekend ...

Personally we really enjoyed the Whitsun T&T rallies - with the possible exception of the one at Mill Farm in 2007 ;)

:wine::wine::wine:

:England:

Posted

Well I won't be at The National myself, did about 6 years as Asst.Block Marshall there...IanB is almost certain to be there in his official high ranking capacity... No my year will be determined by when my daughter will be home from her job in SE Asia..

geoff 

Posted

But you may gain a lot more Geoff !  When we were rallying a lot we spoke to loads of people that wouldn't go near the National and were bemoaning the lack of alternatives for that weekend ...

Personally we really enjoyed the Whitsun T&T rallies - with the possible exception of the one at Mill Farm in 2007 ;)

post-4927-0-49931100-1435400912_thumb.jp

1 person likes this

Posted

That's me enjoying myself !  No wine, hair that isn't all grey and a not quite so large belly ...

The good news is that I've still got that T shirt !

1 person likes this

Posted

Well I won't be at The National myself, did about 6 years as Asst.Block Marshall there...IanB is almost certain to be there in his official high ranking capacity... No my year will be determined by when my daughter will be home from her job in SE Asia..

geoff 

I will be at the National but as a centre member only, I came off Division at the AGM in October and at the moment not doing any other committee jobs.

Ian

Posted

My Ian...your life must be empty now!

cheers

geoff

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm interested. Will let you know. 

Posted

Would a rally in September perhaps be better all round as we would then be able to attend as would love to meet up with others again.

Posted

We are in.....Rally in June not a problem.  

Posted

Bob, hope you still got that small red wine glass if Kings Lynn gets the go ahead....:wine:

1 person likes this

Posted

I had four of those glasses - two got broken on different occasions while being washed up (I swear it was down to thin glass rather than washing up while hammered !). The other two were broken in transit - a combination of poor packing and too many potholes :(

These days I drink less anyway - although I do seem to have found a taste for whisky along with Paul, we seem to have about 20 or so different bottles at the moment :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Not sure if we have enough interest in this to go ahead, unless we can get more people ?

Have we enough interest in this one?  Looks like a nice little site.....Jayne and I are a definite and it be great to catch up with some old faces....

1 person likes this

Posted

When will know if this rally is going ahead?  I'm really looking forward to seeing some old faces. 

Posted

The Kings lynn site is  very nice ehu, showers clean, field grass cut regularly and plenty of room we use it every year for a weekend rally.

regards Martin

Posted

Is this or any thing like it happening --

Remember the old LMU's    Let's meet up

only needed a couple two  - three  - four of us and we would meet up somewhere sort of local. 

Has this concept gone --- one of the founding tenants of the club...

Maurice

Posted

With the membership base as is today think few have spare short notice weekends anymore,ignoring the distances between us........some,like Ian and myself,have the year planned and booked in January leaving few spaces in between..

Shame but that's life..

Geoff

Posted

With the membership base as is today think few have spare short notice weekends anymore,ignoring the distances between us........some,like Ian and myself,have the year planned and booked in January leaving few spaces in between..

Shame but that's life..

Geoff

Poor excuse Geoff seeing the original post was made in October 2016 - that is last year not this January!

Surprisingly the OP hasn't posted on this thread recently...

Posted

No but of course I am keeping an eye on it