Dometic RM7271 Fridge

Question

Posted

Hello Fellas

Having trouble with the above fridge.       Its starts OK on gas and cools down well

Later continuous clicking and woofing, sometimes starts but often fails, with flashing yellow light.

If you switch off and on again it will fire up straight away, no woofs

I have been told it could be the igniter, (an expensive item), but would it fire up so well initially and on reswitching, with a faulty igniter?

Plus it clicks continuously,does that indicate its working?

I fitted a new jet recently and cleaned the pipes.

Just seems that it fails when the fridge is warm, but starts well when cold, perhaps that is the possible clue.

Any help  would be appreciated, having aholiday is Spain later this year with dodgy fridge will be a bundle of fun!

Regards    Jerico

2 answers to this question

Posted

Work on such devices should be done by qualified fitters....which is where I would refer such problems.

Having had a serious Carbon Monoxide problem last year I am more suspicious of anything done by owners,sorry.

geoff

Posted

I am answering my own question now.    I contacted Technical Tom (Leisuredirect) and got advice

on the Fridge, he suggested the thermo couple could be the fault.   I  bought a new unit including

the thermocoupler (£80)   quickly fitted it without removing the fridge and it has worked perfectly

ever since.    You have to undo the gas connector, but just a soapy water test afterwards is all

you need to do.     I know a lot of people say dont touch gas appliances, electrics, brakes you name

it, but we always used to do these jobs didnt we?    We dont have to be Minny Mouse, we can do

these jobs perfectly well ourselves.    Lets get out there and do it            John