Waeco/Dometic Air conditioner

Question

Posted

Has anyone solved  a problem with the Waeco CoolAir1000 roof mounted air con unit not pumping condensate away?

This air conditioner works well for up to an hour and then the condensate pump starts and makes a loud chattering noise indicating that the pump is clogged or the condensate pipe is clogged. The unit then shuts down displaying an error message FO 4, which indicates that condensate is not being removed.Removing the unit cover and disconnecting the condensate pipe results in a cup full of water being decanted. The unit can then be restarted and works ok for up to another hour when the process is repeated. About five years ago the condensate pump was replaced .I wonder whether it needs another replacement pump or whether it is possible to obtain a service manual to determine how to access the pump and replace it. Hopefully it will not necessitate the removal of the unit from the the caravan roof.

Anyone  else had this problem, and more importantly, solved it?

Tonio

3 answers to this question

Posted

If you search "Leisure Shop Direct " they have exploded parts drawings in their  A/C section 

I have used them for my elderly Dometic 2500 unit

with regard to condensate , my unit just gravity discharges on to the roof of my caravan , so unable to help you there

Posted (edited)

Rodders, Thanks. I'll check that source of exploded diags. I think mine pumps out onto the roof, when it actually pumps., 

Edited by tonio
Typo

Posted

Our Dometic Freshjet pumps onto the roof.  Nothing worse than forgetting that during a hot spell, lifting the steadies and as the caravan tilts, have a cascade of cold water on top of you!  :wow: