Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Water heater

Question

Posted

I am new to caravaning,I got a Rialto 480/2  2003 model,

i can't find the controls for the gas water heater.It is a TRUMA us103, there are no controls under the flap outside just a vent,

i have traced the gas pie into the tank.All I have is my pump switch on / off and up in the electric control unit it has trip switches (elcb) volt meter & 2 red switches 1) water heater 2) space heater the unit is MK505.There are 4 on/off gas valves in the press beside the fridge for the gas supply.

i have searched all presses,under the seats,for the unit as shown on the instructions to switch it on /off & the gas stat .

I only have 1 stat for the heating which is on the unit over the heater to the left .

4 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Does this help?  Geoff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ4kQ26wHKc

Edited by shipbroker

Posted

Geoff

I can't find the stat for the gas,it is not outside,I can't find it inside,it's not in any of the presses,not under the seats.there is a gas pipe connected to but no controls.

kevin

Posted

Whoops..looks as if there isn't one fitted!...what does whoever sold you this say?

If your Mother was a Byrne any relation to those in Rathdrum?

geoff

Posted

I am new to caravaning,I got a Rialto 480/2  2003 model,

i can't find the controls for the gas water heater.It is a TRUMA us103, there are no controls under the flap outside just a vent,

i have traced the gas pie into the tank.All I have is my pump switch on / off and up in the electric control unit it has trip switches (elcb) volt meter & 2 red switches 1) water heater 2) space heater the unit is MK505.There are 4 on/off gas valves in the press beside the fridge for the gas supply.

i have searched all presses,under the seats,for the unit as shown on the instructions to switch it on /off & the gas stat .

I only have 1 stat for the heating which is on the unit over the heater to the left .

I'm not sure I understand the question... however...

i can't find the controls for the gas water heater.

You seem to answer your own question (it's also electric)

& 2 red switches 1) water heater 2) space heater

Turn the switches on and your hot water will work - and your heating

There should be in your van somewhere - often near the heater - a box with a dial to vary temperature and possibly control on-off of the water heater - this might help