Vango Kalari 420 Vs Kampa Rally Ace 400

5 posts in this topic

Posted

So having sold my Varkala and seeking something that did two things;  a) gives more space and a deeper awning, b) allows the use of an annex to be zipped in

I am looking at 2.  The Kampa Rally Ace 400 and the Vango Kalari 420.  I really like the Kalari quality and was very happy with my previous Vango.  The rally ace 400 has had some good reports over on the CC forum so I am comparing.  Anyone done the same or own either and can offer up any words of wisdom !

Posted

Don't know either Awnings so Google helped first thing  I was comparing to our new Porch Awning

A Vango Rapide 2.1m x 2.1m  - a Non air style but takes me only 10 minutes to put up even with my crutches 

First thing Cost EEEK

Second both the awnings appear to be quite a bit larger and have all the usual visible advantages of an air awning if you've got an electric pump with speed of inflation

Both have the same disadvantages or air awnings on uneven ground in that they don't conform to uneven gradients pitches 

It all depends on which brand suits YOU best and which cost you feel comfortable with 

Posted

I'm comfortable with either brand and the manual pump works perfectly for me on our previous awning so I'm really seeking some advice from users of the awnings who can share some pros and cons :)

Posted (edited)

We had a Vango Varkala 420 it was the favorite awning we ever owned it came absolutely complete with every thing right down to a mallet rear poles and 2 wheel arch covers in case you had a twin axle, the material was of a much better quality then the Kampa awnings we owned.

Pro's, comes complete with every thing need to use, good quality material, very secure once inflated, comes with a large bag to get it back into, good waterproofing.

Con's, a bit heavy to put through the awning rail, but that apply's to any air awning.

But as I have just noticed you have already had a Varkala you know they are a good awning.

Edited by sdrew56

Posted

I went for the Kalari in the end.  What a fantastic choice.  Superb quality and we love the extra room the 3.20m depth gives you.

Not the cheapest but worth it we think.  Been up a few times now and would recommend it to anyone seeking a new air awning.