coachman window removal

Question

Posted

i have a 06 coachman festival 580/4 which is basicly a amara and just found that 2 of my front windows have delaminated as these are set back in a recess is the hanging rail all one piece or in 3 separate pieces if i can remove them i can send to EEO for repair

8 answers to this question

Posted

Most Windows can be removed by undoing the stays and then lifting the window way beyond its normal open position, the hinge is in fact a hook.

Ian

Posted

not on this caravan they are set in a recess so the window will not lift high enough the undo needs to go to a workshop as the complete rail needs to be removed well done coachman not one of your  best designs

Posted

As you say the rail holding the window will have to be removed.

I did mine last year.  The rail is one length, I started on the near side and gently removed the screws after first removing the plastic strip. (This I could not replace as the plastic was hard and brittle)  The screws need to be treated with care a new Philips screw driver will help. If you damage the screw it's a real pain to get them out.

When you have removed the screws back to just over the centre window the hinge strip can be flexed forward and will allow the first window to be slid out the others will follow, you will need to remove the stays obviously.

I used Soudal Fix all crystal Clear Sealant. Remember the windows are not a sealed unit so does not need to be air tight.

Replace the windows with new screws and mastic.

Posted

this is what i thought i didnt fancy taking this job on i am pretty much do most thing but not this so i booked into a localish dealer workshop he said said he has reglued a lot with no problems

Posted

Very wise.

Posted

i have a 06 coachman festival 580/4 which is basicly a amara and just found that 2 of my front windows have delaminated as these are set back in a recess is the hanging rail all one piece or in 3 separate pieces if i can remove them i can send to EEO for repair

Got the same problem with my 2006 Highlander (Amara)....who are EEO & where are they as it'll probably be a lot cheaper for me to send them off & get repaired than get either new, or salvaged, ones.

Posted

Probably EECO who are very good and will make you a replacement window to the same shade as your old one.

If your window has just delaminated inner and outer then a good clean inside the the 'glazing' and join together with double sided tape (you can get this very thin) Caravan window units are not sealed so no need for special machines or tools :;):

Posted

Don't know if it's any help but researching getting some seating for our caravan we found 

http://sfmcaravans.co.uk/  -  they are based in Bradford and have huge lists of spare parts on their website and also on Ebay 

Got loads of windows  doors fridges electrical cookers etc etc etc - - had the cushions we need (without changing the whole van colour scheme) but OOS worse luck