Truma Ultraheat upgrade kit for S55t

Question

Posted

Hi,

Im new on here and looking for some advice. I have a 2002 Elnagh Motorhome which has the Truma S55t heater. The heater is gas only and the system is complete with fan and a full blown air ducting system. What's missing is the ultraheat to allow 240 v electric operation. I therefore went ahead and purchased an s series heater ultraheat kit with a view to either fitting this myself or getting the local Truma Partner to fit it for me. 

However,  the kit has a slip additional to the installation manual which says that the unit cannot be fitted to the s55t. Looking into this further it is not clear why - does anyone on here know why please?  My kit is number 30402-02. At one point Truma did an ultraheat kit specifically for the S55t part number 30402-09 which is obsolete and try as I might I cannot locate one anywhere- can anyone help here?  My alternative is to purchase a new fire and fan unit and fit my new ultraheat into that - and then i understand that there may be compatibility issues with the installation into the existing  space and ducting/flue in the van making the whole job really complex - anyway I hope someone will understand my problem and maybe able to help me... Here's hoping and many thanks in anticipation...

Nigel

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet