TomTom GPS Navigation Traffic

4 posts in this topic

Posted

TomTom GPS Navigation Traffic

The new TomTom GO Mobile app is a sleek combination of the latest TomTom car navigation technology and world-class traffic information. You will always choose the best route available based on accurate, real-time traffic information that gets you to your destination faster, every day

Please note that this is a link to the Android download and not a direct download

Posted

My son now uses his phone and google maps . He says it is much better than his sat nav was. 

He gave his sat nav to us a few years ago . I must say it's very good because I was always the map reader. But now I am also the driver . It's impossible to do both .

however I think his sat nav needs updating . 

IS this possible. When I asked my son he said don't bother it's out of date . But it still works so why throw it away . Can't I just update it . 

It did send us a few wrong direction in the Netherlands but I always read a map as well so knew when we were wrong. Luckily we didn't have the caravan with us though. 

Posted

We used to use TomTom and have done for YEARS in fact my first few years were using a PDA and external GPS sensor 

But for our most recent upgrade we wanted to go for a Caravan one  but the price gave Stephanie heart attacks

UNTIL my son who has just become a HGV driver told us the system he had been recommended to get by other truckers which is programmable to different types of traffic including trailers and so we looked on Ebay  we obtained a 7 inch screen system for truckers and caravans for £36 (this one 7" 8GB Truck Car GPS Navigation Lorry Coach HGV Sat Nav Bluetooth AV-IN EU UK

( 110941145517 ) )
It's only drawback is no traffic but we can use our phones for traffic reports as we need them

Posted

And here is the link to the Apple app.  

TomTom GO Mobile by TomTom
https://appsto.re/gb/NG3V0.i