UK Rally in Spring ? 2016 --

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Last year we did not get out with the caravan due to circumstances beyond my control.

Because of this Mary doesn't want me to be driving down to the South of France with the caravan straight away.

She says I should get back and do some UK trips first, which I suppose is a good idea.

Has any one any ideas for a Midlands local rally in the Spring  -- up to the start of June.

I would dearly like to get away on a LMU or a T&T meet, but at the moment I am not up to organising.

So has any one any ideas for a get together.

Maurice & Mary

Posted

I know what you mean Maurice not quite in the same boat but SWMBO has said no to Benidorm this year as she refuses to let me drive all day and doesn't want a Spanish stop over site so  - We are going to visit a few sites with Grandkids before our big trip so 

We have three trips of 100-120 miles then one of 250 miles before we trip down to the South of France in 4 hour stints at the end of August 

The short trips all have swimming pools so plenty of gentle exercise should help but probably won't improve my mobility 

Posted

Last year we did not get out with the caravan due to circumstances beyond my control.

Because of this Mary doesn't want me to be driving down to the South of France with the caravan straight away.

She says I should get back and do some UK trips first, which I suppose is a good idea.

Has any one any ideas for a Midlands local rally in the Spring  -- up to the start of June.

I would dearly like to get away on a LMU or a T&T meet, but at the moment I am not up to organising.

So has any one any ideas for a get together.

Maurice & Mary

Can't help with rally, but glad to hear you are getting better.  We are away from Mid May until end of June so unless a rally is organised before then, sadly we will not be able to attend.

Posted

Just giving this a slight nudge to see if any one is sorting any sort of T&T rally this YEAR.

Or has T&T gone non-rally and is just a talk shop?

What happened to LMU's for locals etc.

We are to old and frail now to organise -- apart from the Quiz night of course..

Maurice

Posted

Many of us regular ralliers have a full programme booked, to at least October, by end January...or in IanB's case into January 2017....

geoff

Posted (edited)

What has happened to T&T when it used to have several ralies a year,

Dolly -and the others  where are you?? , and the others that used to organise the rallies. 

Seems a shame if a truly caravaning web site with all the comradeship of the past in rallying in the UK and abroad should have filtered down to a chat forum...

Thats how we started all those years ago..

Have we all gotten too old and decrepit?

Maurice

Edited by maurice

Posted

Some of the Owners Clubs, both Car & Caravan, make same comments...but it needs people who WANT to organise events.........and many others,like myself,have allegiance to other Organisations as well.

geoff

Posted (edited)

Maurice,

I have been away from T&T for a year or so and was frankly shocked when a couple of weeks ago I wander on here for a mooch to find an almost ghost town feel to the site.  It doesn't look like just the rallies bit has slipped, there's only seems a handful of "oldies" on here.  My membership dates back to 2005 and I know people and their hobbies change but this is all a bit odd, I can't see posts from pretty much all the 'regulars' Hopefully I'm just missing a new click button and everyone is in a huddle somewhere chatting

It's already been said but as a CC member we attend 20+ rallies and organise a further 6 this year as it is.

Edited by N1CKTD5
2 people like this

Posted

you are right its lost its go many of us still have caravans and life does change but not like in the good old days with rallies and lots of chat. iv joined caravannners r us and my facebook does not stop with new updates from members so cant understand why this is not the same for t and t

1 person likes this