whats your plans for next year

53 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a list of places I want to go next year . Not sure in what order but due to still working part time I am tied with school holidays .:sad2: the  term dates for next year just don't fit in with what I had planned . 

I wanted to go to delft in the Netherlands at Easter but Easter is too early I could have visited my son at the same time . . So maybe book to go to Woodstock , I would like the gower South Wales not far from us so this could be a long weekend . 

Then I was planning on Normandy at the end of July and maybe up to the Netherlands . ( I doubt this will happen due to distance ) . I find it quite difficult because I have to make all the decisions and plans . 

finally I have been looking at Norfolk or Lincolnshire returning to Malvern for the end of August . again the school term and bank holiday is not fitting in with my plans next year . 

I have to drag the OH with me and only tell him where I have booked a week or so before we go . 

Unless I decide to retire. Then I won't have a problem !. Or will I ?

Posted

I have a list of places I want to go next year . Not sure in what order but due to still working part time I am tied with school holidays .:sad2: the  term dates for next year just don't fit in with what I had planned .

I wanted to go to delft in the Netherlands at Easter but Easter is too early I could have visited my son at the same time . . So maybe book to go to Woodstock , I would like the gower South Wales not far from us so this could be a long weekend .

Then I was planning on Normandy at the end of July and maybe up to the Netherlands . ( I doubt this will happen due to distance ) . I find it quite difficult because I have to make all the decisions and plans . 

finally I have been looking at Norfolk or Lincolnshire returning to Malvern for the end of August . again the school term and bank holiday is not fitting in with my plans next year .

I have to drag the OH with me and only tell him where I have booked a week or so before we go .

You have my deepest sympathy and your O/H doesn't know which side his bread is buttered. Marriage is a compromise but he obviously doesn't know and appreciate what he has got. I'm afraid to say you will always have a problem! a leopard never changes it's spots! sorry to be the bearer of bad news on thet one. 

Posted

Suspect it will get worse, mine did.

geoff 

Posted (edited)

"The Social Contract"
by Jean-Jacques Rousseau

"The Social Contract"
by Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains. One man thinks himself the master of others, but remains more of a slave than they are."

Edited by Bristles
Was not sure re copy and pasting, only part pasted quotation.

Posted (edited)

Right all prepared now!

Ferry booked.  Poole Cherbourg on the 1st of May.  Back on the 2nd of July!  Got a major family wedding we dare not miss otherwise we would have stayed longer!

Why is it that if I buy Three Camping Cheques from the Caravan Club, the total cost of the crossing drops by £70.00?

Red Pennant insurance taken out!  Will not travel without it, as the last two years their service has been outstanding!  Needed it three times in the past two years!

Main site and our favourite pitch booked right on the Mediterranean coast for thirty nights!

Caravan service booked for month before departure!

Passports checked!

Lizzie can work out our rote and the other sites we stop at as soon as the ACSI book arrives!

Now I wonder what I have forgotten!

Edited by Paulgkn
Added content!

Posted

No caravan until next April/may as we sold our last one in September , ordered a new one at the NEC in October and isn't scheduled for delivery until then. Spot of winter sun required early in the New Year followed by a few days in the new van near the dealer then booked to France Portsmouth - St malo out mid June returning at the moment mid September. We are booked into the Ile de re for a fortnight then another fortnight in Southern Brittany.  We will either bring the van back and travel out again mid august or leave the van and car out there and pop home for a month or so then finishing off with a couple of weeks in the pyrenees.

Autumn will be weekends away in the lakes followed by New Year somewhere to be decided.

1 person likes this

Posted

:wine:

Hoping for New Year with Bucks but that depends on a willing dog sitter :(

After that nothing planned - thinking North Yorks or Scotland around June but that's all so far ...

:wine::wine::wine:

:England:

We could have a catch up if you do - be nice to see you :jump:

Posted

We're off a cruise in February to celebrate our Silver Wedding (which is actually in April).   Hopefully we'll see the Northern Lights as we're cruising Norway, having a night in a Sami Tent and dog sledding - all very exciting.  

Caravanning wise, we've booked the bank holidays and a week in Pickering in August, but nothing much so far, as Jason has just started a new job after being unemployed for a time and hasn't got the holidays he had!   Also our youngest is 21 in May and our eldest is getting married in October, so all in all it's a busy year and I fear this will impact on the 'vanning :undecided:.  

The following year, all being well, we're going to go to Germany with the van.   Would have preferred Spain but feel you need 3 weeks at least to do Spain with the travel and ferry crossings etc and we only get 2 at a push. 

Posted

Carsington Water at Easter, Clumber Park first May bank holiday, Knaresborough end of May bank holiday, probably Cornwall mid/end July and unknown in mid August.  Might get a week in Cyprus in July if things go as planned (hoping to pay the mortgage of within the next few months, fingers crossed!!!).

1 person likes this

Posted

Plenty of people booking Knaresborough!! Always a busy site.  I have never been in, but pass the front door often!  The Guy Fawkes Inn in the village is excellent if you like a good pub.

We have been discussing matters here at Jbeans Towers and having thoughts about 2016 with time on our hands so our caravan might move, will have to change the car to a 4x4. Wether right or wrong I prefer my hubby to tow with one as we are prepared for most situations, plus we can take the kitchen sink as well.....:help:.  Caravan service will be a must.

Weybourne will be on the list, Filey as well. 

So lets hope 2016 weather will be kind to us all.

Posted

Well...most of the CC Centre programmes are provisionally out...so we can start planning those we want to attend...also the Retired Caravanners and International Associations dates are known....none of these will be booked till next month,when the brochures are issued.

In meantime juggling with dates for March to visit daughter who teaches in Bangkok.

Overall don't think we will be aiming for the 125/130 nights of the last couple of years and we certainly will not be going to 'the Mainland' again until medical things are sorted..

geoff

Posted

Well I wrote too soon...the Retired Caravanner Brochure arrived at lunchtime and I have just posted slips for 7 rallies ( they are all 7 nighters,which is why we like them)...so that is that part of the year sorted...some fairly local,i.e North Yorkshire, some East Yorkshire and some Cumbria.

geoff

Posted

Plan is to drive the caravan over to Greece around June time

Trying to break the trip into easily digested <500km segments but still find interesting places to stay is tough.

At the min

Day 1/ Nottm to Folkstone

Day 2/ Folkstone to Nancy

Day 3/ Nancy to Muzzano

Day 4/ Muzzano to Venice

It'll then be a 33 hour ferry trip with on-board camping to Patra in Greece

The area around Muzzano is nice but i'm struggling to find nice interesting places to stay between Calais and Muzzano.

Might be better to get the miles done and stop for a couple of days around Lake Como as i like it round there.

Cheers

Mark

Posted

Plan is to drive the caravan over to Greece around June time

Trying to break the trip into easily digested <500km segments but still find interesting places to stay is tough.

At the min

Day 1/ Nottm to Folkstone

Day 2/ Folkstone to Nancy

Day 3/ Nancy to Muzzano

Day 4/ Muzzano to Venice

It'll then be a 33 hour ferry trip with on-board camping to Patra in Greece

The area around Muzzano is nice but i'm struggling to find nice interesting places to stay between Calais and Muzzano.

Might be better to get the miles done and stop for a couple of days around Lake Como as i like it round there.

Cheers

Mark

You can also do Nottingham to Tunnel and stop Chalon En Champagne - which can be done in one day with two drivers - ie four and half hours to Tunnel and two and a half to Chalon en Champagne with 3/4 for tunnel  crossing and waiting time 

Lots of nice places along the Eastern France area Champagne region and around L'Orange but it depends on what you are looking for

Posted

Nothing booked - - YET

So trip to Brittany most probably Brittany ferries both ways

then September the big tour will be Monza - Twin Lakes - Brittany  crossing could be tunnel out Brittany Ferries back 

plus some more yet to be decided 

Anyone been to Monza ?  can anyone recommend a campsite for the F1 

Well times and decisions change 

Monza is on the scrap heap Now going to get a site near Monaco in France side to tour from 

we have got a few 4 night trips on the cards looking at Haven sites as we will be taking Grand children so they will need wearing out before they'll :sleeping:

so the main August/September trip is looking like 

Channel Tunnel with the help of Tesco's

Stop off x2 on Eastern France Champagne/ Orange

Monaco/ Nice for 6-7 nights

Twin Lakes 7 nights for the Carp Fishing

stop over on the way home 

Would be nice to get a few more in but at present it's Steph's hospital dates blocking us instead of mine 

Posted

You can also do Nottingham to Tunnel and stop Chalon En Champagne - which can be done in one day with two drivers - ie four and half hours to Tunnel and two and a half to Chalon en Champagne with 3/4 for tunnel  crossing and waiting time 

Lots of nice places along the Eastern France area Champagne region and around L'Orange but it depends on what you are looking for

Nice one, thank you

Well worth considering that

Posted

Well I have book up until the end of August . Very organised . Not Normandy or Netherlands as wished , nothing exotic . But all sorted 

starting with Blaiddon chains cc site . 

Tavistock c&cc .      Weymouth ,      gowerton,  and.  Blackmore  Malvern.  then on to NFOL .  I have always wanted to go but never been , I hope I won't be disappointed .

Posted (edited)

Sat down last night with Steph's holiday dates  and so we booked some date to take grand children away

Presthaven in Wales in May for three nights

Primrose Valley in Yorkshire in May for three nights

Blue Dolphin in Yorkshire in July for three nights

Then for Steph and myself

Littlesea at Weymouth in June for 14 nights

Changed to Burnham on Sea for 5 nights thanks to Hospital attendances for Steph

on top these trips should make us 14 nights away

the trips for the grandkids are all Haven booked at half price and better so not too expensive either  thankfully

Aug/Sept 2016 - Folkestone - Eastern France, stop-overs Chalon En Champagne, Macon -Cannes- Agde-Blanes - Twin Lakes at Montendre -Brittany 49 nights

BUT the travel insurance is up to 66 nights so we may take a little more time

The Crossing is via the Tunnel and cost us a few Tesco Vouchers and £19 

Edited by Gray
Changes to plans Again

Posted

All we've got booked so far is 2 weeks at West Ayton CC in June but the Bucks Rally Book has just arrived so we may find a few more to book in there  :2thumbsup:

Posted

Well best made plans of mice and men!!

All the plans we had to go back Ireland -flying -hire car etc bact to see our house over there. :Northern_Ireland::Ireland::scot:

Then we were going back down to the South of France the Basque :Spain:country  for a month or so. 

But what with Marys 86 year old auntie being poorly and us getting 999 jobs for her into hospital at least 6 times - last one last Sunday morning. 

Plus me and my problems fade into insignificance when she is doing all this.  She is absolutely knackered and dearly needs a rest - but we can't -three times a week she is over the back and foward to the hospital or warferin clinic or eys clinic to have injections into her eye balls for macula degeneration etc etc..

No  can't see us getting away.  Caravan stands under cover not touched since last service. Today had reminder about insurance --- is it worth doing. 

Ah well at least we are still here

Maurice

Posted

We are off tomorrow for 10days in Summerset trying for another in May half term then we are doing our first continental to France in July the we will defo get a couple in to the Jurasic coast later on.

Posted

Not doing too bad despite the lack of early planning we've got 8 nights done so far with another 18 booked and there's still plenty of gaps in the calendar :)

Posted

No caravanning as yet.

Had the Irish man knock the door yesterday.

:sad2:. No its not for sale. (Yet).

Weymouth in a week and Ireland in September. :jump:

Posted

Better planning than us Jill - we were in Weymouth last weekend when Katie hit :)

Wellington Country Park next weekend, 2 weeks later we're at Carsington Water for a long weekend and we're at West Ayton from 8-22 June - we've got a few to book in between though

1 person likes this

Posted

We've only managed 6 nights this year - two of those were at New Year, and the other four were at Easter when we met up with the Bretts (Anne Marie and Tim) who have now moved into statics near Dunbar on the East Coast of Scotland.     Our next trip is 2 nights this weekend at York and then none until May Day weekend.    Our total will definitely be low this year but working on it all the time.