whats your plans for next year

53 posts in this topic

Posted

What have you thought about for next year or have you booked already?

Posted

We have booked our trip to Spain from the end of December until March. We have also booked our trip o France.

That's all for he moment.

Les

Posted (edited)

Looking for things that are happening in January & February to see if we can arrange to go away when they are on but everyone seems to be advertising events no further than Christmas - unless the hive mind that is Touring & Tenting can advise further? :ears:

Cheers

Keith

Edited by rslsys

Posted

On our way back to Blighty before Christmas as our home in France is sold, over the New Year period we will be at Barnstones CP Nr Banbury. We will definitely be going over to Vollenhove & Groningen, Holland a couple of times but at the moment doing a recky on a trip with my brother and his wife with the two caravans down to Southern Spain and back May June time, plus obviously as many times away as we can.

Happy caravanning, indoors.

Posted

:wine:

Hoping for New Year with Bucks but that depends on a willing dog sitter :(

After that nothing planned - thinking North Yorks or Scotland around June but that's all so far ...

:wine::wine::wine:

:England:

1 person likes this

Posted

Boxing Day for a week  , Sethorns New Forest as Broadway and Morton are full , ( booking Broadway as soon as poss for 2015/6 ) Dordogne July ,dropping the caravan at Daleacres for Daughter and  Grandson and way home from France , thats it so far

Posted

New year at Polstead, but not using the van for Summer again next year as Ali wants to do Spain or Balearic;s again.

Will be trying to get away for more weekends next year, bit this will depend on the Job.

Lance 

Posted

Nothing booked - - YET

So trip to Brittany most probably Brittany ferries both ways

then September the big tour will be Monza - Twin Lakes - Brittany  crossing could be tunnel out Brittany Ferries back 

plus some more yet to be decided 

Anyone been to Monza ?  can anyone recommend a campsite for the F1 

Posted (edited)

New Year at Greenhills, Newbury Motorhome show in May, Brittany ferry for France booked for June but not yet decided where we are going to.

Edited by sdrew56

Posted

Booked for France in May next year!

1 person likes this

Posted

Determined to find a seasonal somewhere on the Devon/Dorset border

Posted

My plans for next year start in two weeks time by taking the ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao.   Then a leisurely drive down to Costa del Sol where I hope to stay until March.

Posted

Crossing the Oggin on the 1st of May 2016, for a few months!

Before that at leat 70 nights in the Uk. Just need to be close to the hospital,for Lizzie!  Op is on the 11/11/15.   All should go well .  If it does we may cross the Oggin in late January for a few months in the warmth!

Posted

Hi

Try to use Caravan more next year than this only been away four times this year. Was going to buy new or two year old van this year for next but going to keep money in bank what I have got is to good to give up, especially as we don't get away a lot less than 30 days in year.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

Posted

My plans for next year start in two weeks time by taking the ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao.   Then a leisurely drive down to Costa del Sol where I hope to stay until March.

Hi

Love to do that wife will not go out of Country, she is not to well and does not want to spend anymore time in Spanish Hospital.

Happy Caravanning

Monty

1 person likes this

Posted

, she is not to well and does not want to spend anymore time in Spanish Hospital.

I don't blame her!   They do things differently.   They rely on 'family' to do a lot of the nursing and feeding.   When my wife was in Marbella Hospital she was in a lot of pain.    The doctors, on several occasions told my daughters and me that we must get my wife out of bed and sitting up in a chair.   Because of her pain, she always refused and got distressed.   Consequently she developed pneumonia and it killed her.   We were left feeling that we were the cause of her death....................Had she been in a Brit hospital, doctor would have given his instructions to ward sister and fifteen minutes later a couple of burly auxiliaries would have got the job done.

Posted (edited)

Four weeks in Austria in June booked and Ireland for two weeks over Easter booked.

Nothing else yet as the rally books don't come out until just before Xmas.

Ian

Edited by ianb

Posted

One of our plans was to go to Egypt beginning of February , well that isn't going to happen ,Thompson hols can't give any hope of things being sorted in time 

So we have transferred our booking th Grand Canaria

Weather not quite so hot ,but still nice at this time of year 

Posted

Only cottage holidays us.

Bob Filey Brigg site is good. Run by the council. Updated facilities. Can see the sea from some pitches. Loved going there. 

Happy caravaning everyone.

Posted

Nothing booked but several CC Centre rallies known that we should wish to attend,,,likewise a full programme of Retired Caravanners 7 day rallies....by 3rd week of January should have 90% of programme booked.....no non-UK plans again this year.

Have just an analysis of the 2015 programme now complete....would put into a thread here if anyone interested?

geoff

1 person likes this

Posted

Geoff,

I would be interested in seeing your analysis of 2015 please.

Will be doing ours over the next week or so.

paul

Posted

Have done it...........

geoff

Posted

I booked my crossing  at the October Show - DFDS Dover-Dunkirk and three Camping Cheques for £173.60. So I know when we are going, all we have to do now is decide where.

Posted

the only FIRM plans at the moment are that we are " off to Dublin"  :Ireland: in the Spring -- flying :plane: -- hotel  :asleep: -hire car. We will travel up to Tipperary -Cashel to look at

our house   there               Irish_house.thumb.jpg.207c30cba2d586db3a

- haven't seen it for about ten years = hope the tenants are looking after it. We will meet up with friends in Sligo and Donegal for a wedding anniversary party (ours) my best man lives there and also the nurse who delivered Christopher in Saudi Arabia.

We hope to travel down to the Basque  area of :belgium:France via    :boat:  from   Portsmouth:England: - Bilbao :Spain:   for a couple of months in ~~June~~~

Got one or two Hospital s:nurse: things to sort --They want to change my right hip as apparently they have found that the steel ball and the plastic cap are not compatible --10 years to find that out!!! I have now gone completely deaf in my left ear and have to have another scan next week

Apart from all the appointments we just MIGHT get away in the van

Maurice

2 people like this

Posted

the only FIRM plans at the moment are that we are " off to Dublin"  :Ireland: in the Spring -- flying :plane: -- hotel  :asleep: -hire car. We will travel up to Tipperary -Cashel to look at

our house   there               Irish_house.thumb.jpg.207c30cba2d586db3a

- haven't seen it for about ten years = hope the tenants are looking after it. We will meet up with friends in Sligo and Donegal for a wedding anniversary party (ours) my best man lives there and also the nurse who delivered Christopher in Saudi Arabia.

We hope to travel down to the Basque  area of :belgium:France via    :boat:  from   Portsmouth:England: - Bilbao :Spain:   for a couple of months in ~~June~~~

Got one or two Hospital s:nurse: things to sort --They want to change my right hip as apparently they have found that the steel ball and the plastic cap are not compatible --10 years to find that out!!! I have now gone completely deaf in my left ear and have to have another scan next week

Apart from all the appointments we just MIGHT get away in the van

Maurice

My goodness what a lovely property I'd give my right arm to own it the only way I'd leave it would be feet first.