Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Getting back to normal ish

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Getting there I think 

Forums and gallery are back up and running properly as are the blogs, showroom  (garage for now) and downloads although there is still some bits to do and some bugs that are bugging me big time.

Home page is next along with the other areas of the site like tutorials, reviews etc

TapaTalk is working again properly so if you prefer to use an app please use that.

As always my biggest problem are the images. The image files are massive! and some get lost, so where I can I try and find/restore them. If you notice any missing please please tell me. I just can't check them all.

Later on I am going to look at storing them on amazon which will help in the future.

This has been the biggest rebuild for about 5+yrs and there is still a fair bit to do.

Finally I hope the speed has improved. For the most part it feels pretty quick but when I am restoring a certain part I can cause a spike which causes the site to slow down, but I try and keep those operations early morning or late evening.

Anything you don't like please let me know otherwise I carry on regardless totally unaware you don't like something

Posted

At the bottom of a post is a plus sign with the word "quote" next to it.  What is this?

Posted

At the bottom of a post is a plus sign with the word "quote" next to it.  What is this?

It quotes another members post

Posted

Looking good!  If you 'mark site as read', up pops a warning that you need to wait 6 seconds before performing another search

Posted

Thanks I will up the flood control

Posted

Thanks Mark - sorry should have been clearer!  This is what you get even though no search had been done

Sorry, there is a problem

Please wait 10 seconds before attempting another search

Error code: 1C205/3

Posted

OK thanks

Posted

A couple of changes, videos are now back up and running and the directory has changed. Where before you could comment on company listings you can now review them http://www.touringandtenting.com/directory/

Showroom is also up and running again although a bug is preventing you vehicle, caravan etc showing in your profiles but that will be sorted soon

Posted

Well done Mark for all your hard work.

Posted

Thanks for your work on the site it looks great.

Just a couple of small questions,  I hope.

Can we still personalise the colours etc as previously?

Is there a button for the "garage" or has it a new name like Showroom? 

Have the stories of our experiences been hidden or can I just not find them?

Thanks again

Maurice 

Posted

Showroom in the menu Maurice http://www.touringandtenting.com/forums/garage/

Members articles are still here http://www.touringandtenting.com/index.html/articles/members-articles/ but I could do with making the navigation better for them I think

Can't change the forum colours Maurice but I might work on that at some stage

Posted

Must say that I really like the weekly view - saves having to search for something you want to make a belated reply to.

1 person likes this