Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Young T&T's

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Remember in the old days we had a Section for the the younger members of the T&T families.

I remember when my son (now 30) loved it and used to post regularly under his own 'nom -de-plume'

This was a very good life-line for us - when I was very poorly in hospital, keeping all up to date of what was happening etc.

Do you think there is a place these days for a section like this, it seemed to work well then and they used to arrange things, on rallies and LMU's (remember them ???)

Are there enough young people who would be able to join in??

Maurice

Posted

This forum is very quiet with very few posts every week which is a pity as it used to be a very busy forum.

Posted

This forum is very quiet with very few posts every week which is a pity as it used to be a very busy forum.

Indeed.

Geoff

Posted

I wonder why this is?

Have we lost members who like a good debate?

Those who share experiences with the others about campsites both good and bad!

Has the LOCAL interest dried up with things like local LMU's?goteamsign.gif

When was the last rally? We used to have five or six a year1 --- including possibly one to the continent.

The posts that we see don't bring forth that "need to reply"

Should we ban dogs from camp sites?-dog.gif

- lets have more children free campsites!vampire.gifmickey.gif

Should we be allowed to use charcoal BBQ's a s they are always smoking over other pitches!

I know the answer to ALL these questionsthumbup.gif --- DO YOU

Maurice

Posted

wine.gif

Maurice there are LOADS of reasons for the decline in posts and activity ...

Some (Including me) got fedup with the hectoring attitude of some posters and their determination to have the last word on each and every issue, some didn't like the lack of moderation, some thought the site over moderated i.e. threw their teddy out of the pram when they were censured, others have given up caravanning and some now use Farcebook as it provides a quicker response.

As for meets, the travelling costs these days tends to limit them to the local area so there's just not the same size and feel. Very few people have the time and energy to arrange meets now.

Personally I think most people have settled into their own routine when it comes to caravanning - the days of T&T rallies with 30 kids on them are all in the past.

wine.gifwine.gifwine.gif

:England:

Posted

I think the bigest reason for slower traffic is everyone is on Facebook and / or Twitter.

I'm in regular touch on FB with loads of members from here who rarely post on here.

It's not just caravanning, forums for other interests I have are also declining.

1 person likes this

Posted

Never liked Farcebook and probably never will. I have never been able to figure out why a complete stranger who I have never met wants to be friends with me? I pick up the phone to speak to friends or go see friends as those are true friends, not some face on farcebook. I like being old fashion and private in that sense.

1 person likes this

Posted

Each to their own Surfer. You can put as little or as much as you want on there.

Posted

I do belong to Face book but I find it difficult to work and all of your personal things are out there for everyone to see.

As regards to Twitter -- I have no idea of how to join or how it works and also from what I can gather that also has no moderation and once posted it is open for the world to see-end.gif

Several court cases have been seen and people in jail for posting to a friend and the world reading it..help.gif

Don't think I would like that -- At least in here we have a modicum of monitoring and nothing really gets out of hand.stop.gif

Also we all have a common theme and hobbytandt.gif [not the caravan - Doc still has that!!!]w00t.gif

What about fishing !!!fishing1.gif

lets get some forums started people will come back if others are talking

Posted

My personal opinion is that face book has replaced the forums - not just this one but all of them - we used to have an evening every week or so in the chat room - a virtual lets meet up if you like.

Now face book is the chat room - I'm like west is best - I'm in touch with face book on my phone most of the time - I'm only really on here when at work and have nothing to do or when I remember to log on at home (getting old the memory is not what it was).

I do miss the banter of the "old days" but as bob has said a few tend to spoil it for every one else.